What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost finished with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 on PS4...then I'll continue down the list of the other games on that collection. Probably do some of the random handheld ports before playing through 2.5...but not sure yet. I probably should have checked the order that the series is meant to be played in. I'm pretty sure that at least one of those handheld games is a prequel to the original. But, I basically just had an itch to replay the two classic games.

Also finishing up Blossom Tales on the Switch. Really amazing game that anyone with a Switch should pick up. It costs $15 if I remember correctly, and it could cost three times as much for the value that you get. One of the best games currently available for Switch. One of the best games of the year in general.

Still wrapping up KH 1.5

I forgot how obnoxious the final push got. I never beat the game when I played it as a kid, and now I'm starting to remember why. The jump in difficulty between the entire game and the very last part is just stupid, tbh. Has to be one of the most severe difficulty curves in any game ever.

Done all the side stuff that I can do at this point. Got all Dalmations, finished up Hollow Bastion...just need to do the Hades cup...and level up enough to confidently take on the End of the World. But, yeah...I don't have enough elixer or ether to restore my magic to confidently have enough "heal" ability...I can't seem to gather any more of those things without synthesizing...and I can't find the items I need to synthesize. I'm just leveling up by repetitively trying (and failing) to advance in the Hades cup. I'm level 54, and I still don't have the confidence to attempt to finish the game yet. I remember the final boss at the end of the world just being impossible...and quitting entirely when I was a kid. I'm talking about the giant Gargoyle dude. Definitely never beat him.

Anyway...rant over. But, seriously...they designed this game in such a bizarre way. Probably why I always liked KH 2 so much more than the original one. I feel like that one had a more reasonable difficulty curve.

Edited by Generations

Been playing game cube and wii games on my computer like Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Strikers, Donkey Kong whatever it was called on the wii, Smash Brothers melee. There's just something about Nintendo games that you can't get from anyone else.

So true. So true.

Doom (2016) and WWE 2K14.

Up to level 61 in Kingdom Hearts 1.5...finished all the trinity points, killed all of the available rare heartless to round out my journal. Beat Cloud and Leon in the Hades Cup...made it to Hades himself, but died because I didn't realize how to fight him at first.

Now that I know you need to use Blizzard to cool him off, I should be able to take him out after a bit more preparation. My plan is to cast Aeroga, then use blizzaga, then attack...rinse and repeat...while hopefully having enough MP restoring items to make it to the end. I hate battles that force you to use magic, because I rely heavily on my MP to heal after every round.

Bought a bunch of games on steam, had a PS4 and a XB1, and the one game that I've been hooked on lately has been the original Sonic games 1,2,3, +Knuckles from steam. I had forgotten how good Sonic used to be. The series started to take a down turn when they tried to take it 3D.

Get Sonic Mania if you don't already have it. It avoids being a shitty modern Sonic game because it's fan made. It plays just as great as 1,2, 3, and Knuckles. It's really sad that Sega contributed resources to Sonic Mania...which was a 9/10 game. And then they went right back to pumping out mediocrity with Sonic Forces. It's like they learned absolutely nothing.

Edited by Generations

I'll grab it when it's on sale. I saw this big box for it at BestBuy the other day and thought it was one of those bogus new Genesis type of games that you just hook up to the tv and start playing. Turns out the box is so big because there is a huge statue of sonic that comes with the game.