What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

Well you know what I mean by "love".

That feeling when you start a new game and you get goosebumps because you are super hyped and excited.

Yes... which is precisely the reason why I replied with: "never".

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A female lead with a bow?

Lol obviously there is much more to it. I'd be lying if I said Rise isn't a great game, but I realized that it just isn't for me. Horizon is giving me similar vibes right now, but I can't be sure.
I haven't played the Tomb Raider reboots but Horizon is fantastic! What are your concerns?
Is there enough incentive to do side quests? Open World is great and all, but only some games seem to get it right. I'd like to have a good reason to do side quests along with the main missions.

Also, does the game let you select a difficulty? I'm concerned about the combat, don't want to get bored destroying robots repeating the same process. How was your experience?

I personally love the side quests, because I love the world and its tribes and characters. So that's just me. There are at least two side quests that I know of that will definitely be beneficial to complete. Aide from that, the incentive is pretty much XP, which leads to leveling up, which leads to using skill points to learn and upgrade abilities. It's pretty much standard affair as far as that goes.

You can pick your difficulty. I'm playing on normal, and there's still some challenge to the bigger machines. However, I'm not the best gamer out there, so my opinion may not mean much in that regard.

Overall, I love the game. I love the world, I love the weapons, I love the characters, I love the gameplay. As far as the Tomb Raider comparisons, I've watched my girlfriend play some of the Tomb Raider game that came before Rise, and it gave me Uncharted vibes more than anything. Horizon doesn't remind me of Uncharted

Looks like you had a lot of fun with the game. I think I'll end up getting it though, since there really isn't anything else that I'd rather get. Starting to think I won't regret it.

MGS V - Phantom Pain.

Think I'm finally now where I was on the Xbox version. Just blown up the fuel plant in Zaire. Annoying that it rains a lot now, because my cardboard box strategy has gone out of the window.

Yakuza 0.

Oh my God, how is this game?

I bought it back in Jan when it came out, but haven't given myself the chance to play it yet. So psyched to as well.

Um...it's hard to explain.

I like it and the fighting is very fun. There is a really cool mission early on where you go after a boss and the way it's set up is amazing. BUT it pulls a MGS with cutscenes and has you doing a lot of talky missions that get kind of boring imo.

I'm glad I borrowed it (as opposed to buying it).

Super Metroid, Saints Row 3, WWE 2K14 and 15.

And once I've finished my vids for my YouTube channel, I'm gonna crack open Nier: Automata. It's about damn time too.

I see u decided to go to super metroid after your post in the reboot thread. Cool

I've been playing Super Metroid for a week and stopped. Before I even posted this.

In any event, I finally started Nier: Automata.

Super Metroid, Saints Row 3, WWE 2K14 and 15.

And once I've finished my vids for my YouTube channel, I'm gonna crack open Nier: Automata. It's about damn time too.

I see u decided to go to super metroid after your post in the reboot thread. Cool

I've been playing Super Metroid for a week and stopped. Before I even posted this.

In any event, I finally started Nier: Automata.

ah okay that's cool though.

After not playing anything for quite some time I hoped back on U4 MP to try and reinvigorate my passion for games and, while it didn't exactly have the impact I was hoping for, it did bring back my interest a bit. Also, I expected to be awful seeing as I haven't played this for like 6 months but I was actually relatively good so that was a nice surprise. Will probably keep playing this until Friday, then I'll switch over to Friday the 13th.

Alien: Isolation is a *censored*ing piece of trash.

I got to Chapter 11 out of 17 and encountered a game-breaking glitch. I know I may sound like a moron who is just lost so I'm going to point out that I watched countless walkthroughs and there's a certain mission that didn't trigger in my playthrough. "Find an Alternative Route" for those who played it. Tried replaying the chapter four times and...same result. I can't get through a door because my mission never updates as it should.

Edited by Respect The Beard

Alien: Isolation is a *censored*ing piece of trash.

I got to Chapter 11 out of 17 and encountered a game-breaking glitch. I know I may sound like a moron who is just lost so I'm going to point out that I watched countless walkthroughs and there's a certain mission that didn't trigger in my playthrough. "Find an Alternative Route" for those who played it. Tried replaying the chapter four times and...same result. I can't get through a door because my mission never updates as it should.

That sounds terrible. It's a shame because I'm sure you would have been enjoying the game since you made it to Chapter 11.

I don't remember this particular mission, but that sounds like a shitty glitch.

Played and completed Resident Evil 0 over the last week... Great game, but quite frustrating at times. There is no inventory box in this one and you're supposed to find a safe room yourself where you store all your important items as you progress through the game. Backtracking has never been an issue for me with RE games, but it was quite ridiculous with this one. I had to constantly revisit old areas in order to relocate a hookshot, a grenade launcher, a couple of grenade rounds, first aid sprays and ammunition throughout the *censored*ing game... Don't even get me started on those monkeys and zombies who reappear in hallways that you have already cleared :lol:

Edited by liontamer*