What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Prey was really good.. sunk about 2 hours in.... then went right back to Persona 5, don't want to play anything else atm. It's REALLY good.

I was tempted to pick up Prey but got so many games atm

The struggle is real.

I haven't bought a new game in forever, but have so many games to play, on account of the GWG games for Xbox, free giveaways for PC, etc. Also, I'm getting more complacent in not feeling like I have to play every brand new release as it comes out...so I'm happy just playing what I have and then eventually getting around to other things when the time comes.

Being bored out of my mind, I decided to play a little Twisted Metal 2, Duke Nukem: Time to Kill, Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Had the most success with the latter two.

TM2: I completely forgot the controls!

Duke: Couldn't figure out the first level. Clunky controls.

Spidey: Never played this one, despite having it for years. Seems ok.

ME3: Small team vs. the Collectors. My batarian and a volus dragged us to victory, relying heavily on d-pad powerups.

Yakuza 0.

Hoping this game can be crossed off my Amazon wish list once the 2017 holidays roll around... didn't happen last year, much to my disappointment.

I borrowed it from a buddy. Glad I did. As fun as it is, I don't know if I'd buy it full price tbh.

Yakuza 0.

Hoping this game can be crossed off my Amazon wish list once the 2017 holidays roll around... didn't happen last year, much to my disappointment.

I borrowed it from a buddy. Glad I did. As fun as it is, I don't know if I'd buy it full price tbh.

Yeah, I've heard much of the same from other people that I know... guess that's why I tossed it on my Amazon wish list - so I don't have to pay a dime just to get a copy. haha

The Elder Scrolls Online. Had the urge to play again after taking an extended break. Got hooked again on just wandering and doing the many quests you can pick up.

A female lead with a bow?

Lol obviously there is much more to it. I'd be lying if I said Rise isn't a great game, but I realized that it just isn't for me. Horizon is giving me similar vibes right now, but I can't be sure.
I haven't played the Tomb Raider reboots but Horizon is fantastic! What are your concerns?

Is there enough incentive to do side quests? Open World is great and all, but only some games seem to get it right. I'd like to have a good reason to do side quests along with the main missions.

Also, does the game let you select a difficulty? I'm concerned about the combat, don't want to get bored destroying robots repeating the same process. How was your experience?

A female lead with a bow?

Lol obviously there is much more to it. I'd be lying if I said Rise isn't a great game, but I realized that it just isn't for me. Horizon is giving me similar vibes right now, but I can't be sure.
I haven't played the Tomb Raider reboots but Horizon is fantastic! What are your concerns?
Is there enough incentive to do side quests? Open World is great and all, but only some games seem to get it right. I'd like to have a good reason to do side quests along with the main missions.

Also, does the game let you select a difficulty? I'm concerned about the combat, don't want to get bored destroying robots repeating the same process. How was your experience?

I personally love the side quests, because I love the world and its tribes and characters. So that's just me. There are at least two side quests that I know of that will definitely be beneficial to complete. Aide from that, the incentive is pretty much XP, which leads to leveling up, which leads to using skill points to learn and upgrade abilities. It's pretty much standard affair as far as that goes.

You can pick your difficulty. I'm playing on normal, and there's still some challenge to the bigger machines. However, I'm not the best gamer out there, so my opinion may not mean much in that regard.

Overall, I love the game. I love the world, I love the weapons, I love the characters, I love the gameplay. As far as the Tomb Raider comparisons, I've watched my girlfriend play some of the Tomb Raider game that came before Rise, and it gave me Uncharted vibes more than anything. Horizon doesn't remind me of Uncharted

Has anybody else fallen out of their love for playing video games or is it just me?

It seems the only games I have the urge to play are sports games like FIFA 17 or NBA 2K17...

I went through that for like...most of 2015-2016.

I took a break from playing during that time and after that long off I managed to rekindle my love for gaming and now I'm right back on it, maybe you're just burned out for a bit?

Has anybody else fallen out of their love for playing video games or is it just me?

It seems the only games I have the urge to play are sports games like FIFA 17 or NBA 2K17...

Fallen out of my love for playing video games? Never.

Burned out on playing video games for short periods of time? Hell yes.

Fallen out of my love for playing video games? Never.

Burned out on playing video games for short periods of time? Hell yes.

Well you know what I mean by "love".

That feeling when you start a new game and you get goosebumps because you are super hyped and excited.

Edited by TheHavoc