What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I *censored*ing love Bloodborne. I love the gameplay. The combat that encourages you to get one more hit in to regain health when you could be risking everything at the same time. The risk of continuing to move forward when you have a shit load of blood echoes to level up and you sense that Brock Lesnar might be behind the next corner to suplex you and repeat all the way back to the last lamp. The relief you feel when you find a short cut that leads back to your last lamp. That *censored*ing euphoria when you beat a boss that's been getting on yer tits all night. Yes this game is punishing and will ram it's fist up your anus without lube, but only if you're being careless. You need to be aware of your surroundings and all of it's inhabitants. Attack enemies when you can but don't get greedy. The level design is excellent too.

I couldn't make a fair comment about the Souls games as I only played a little of Demon's Souls. I heard that the combat is faster in Bloodborne and and that is probably why I couldn't get into Demon's Souls. Also heard people bitching that there are no shields in Bloodborne but I heard that they worked the same way as firearms. Plus guns are cooler than shields.

I *censored*ing love Bloodborne. I love the gameplay. The combat that encourages you to get one more hit in to regain health when you could be risking everything at the same time. The risk of continuing to move forward when you have a shit load of blood echoes to level up and you sense that Brock Lesnar might be behind the next corner to suplex you and repeat all the way back to the last lamp. The relief you feel when you find a short cut that leads back to your last lamp. That *censored*ing euphoria when you beat a boss that's been getting on yer tits all night. Yes this game is punishing and will ram it's fist up your anus without lube, but only if you're being careless. You need to be aware of your surroundings and all of it's inhabitants. Attack enemies when you can but don't get greedy. The level design is excellent too.

I couldn't make a fair comment about the Souls games as I only played a little of Demon's Souls. I heard that the combat is faster in Bloodborne and and that is probably why I couldn't get into Demon's Souls. Also heard people bitching that there are no shields in Bloodborne but I heard that they worked the same way as firearms. Plus guns are cooler than shields.

In regards to level design - I legit got lost multiple times in the dark forest. I wasn't even mad, cause it felt right to have no idea which way was what. The way all the "levels" loop and connect is just maddening, as well. It's off the charts how clever it is.

^ That is so true. When I got through that one cave in the woods and ran through the underground poison occean, I expected a new area. Then I came out on the other side of Iosefka's clinic. I was so *censored*ing impressed how the levels are warped together.

Cainhurst Castle *censored*ing wrecked my ass, I wasn't really in the zone and the enemies ganged up on me constantly. Also those *censored*ing spider-beasts outside - holy shit. I died like 20 times in the first 5 minutes. Cleared it and got the gear, though.

At the spider-boss now, love the design of the fight-stage on the lake.

Wait, there's an end-boss in Cainhurst? I think I missed that.

Yeah. A tip: You'll have to jump off edges to get there.

Yeah, just read up on it... I was so pissed by the end that when I got the ponytail headthingy I just *censored*ing legged it back to the lamp and got straight out of there.

Having to go back is baaaaaaad news.

Wait, there's an end-boss in Cainhurst? I think I missed that.

Yeah. A tip: You'll have to jump off edges to get there.

Yeah, just read up on it... I was so pissed by the end that when I got the ponytail headthingy I just *censored*ing legged it back to the lamp and got straight out of there.

Having to go back is baaaaaaad news.

To be honest you can just run through without touching a single enemy once you get the route in your head. I tried him about eight times (seven of them being at level 43 :lol:) and aside from the first time, I didn't kill anyone and it takes like two minutes, maybe. :D

I really don't want to play Bloodborne because I'll most likely end up putting my fist through my TV. I never dealt with the Souls games' difficulty that well.

Having said that, I completely understand it's appeal. Gameplay looks solid as do the graphics and overall presentation of the environments. It being non-linear is always great 'cause it means you really need to pay attention to where you're going rather than being stuck on a fixed path (which I still like, btw). The experience must feel amazingly rewarding.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 episode 3. I'm enjoying the hell out of Rev 2 so far, I played Rev 1 on my DS last year and that's what made me want to get 2. I was never really into the Resident Evil franchise. Last year one of my friends actually convinced me to play Revelations 1 and I've been hooked to the franchise since.

Edited by Spamming Nooblet

Check this shit out, dude.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2mbgza_resident-evil-headless-zombie-attacks_videogames

I was like what the *Censored* is goin on? Notice how I blew up his head... and keep watching. This was actually my 2nd encounter with this guy during this playthrough. The first time, I emptied my shotgun on him, so I loaded the game because shotgun shells are too scarce for that. And I didn't need to burn him afterwards, but I wasn't taking chances.

For the record, I didn't save the game after this encounter either. I loaded the game again and just decided *Censored* it, I'm gonna run by him.

Edited by WarGreymon77