What Game Are You Playing?

WarGreymon77

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to start playing Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando on my PS2, but suddenly my good old controller stopped working.

I've got Up Your Arsenal on PS2 and I don't think I've past the halfway point on it.

I just have Going Commando and Deadlocked. Now my controller's working again and this time I intend to play Going Commando all the way through. It's surprisingly difficult towards the end, last time I stopped playing at the huge Thugs-4-Less robot boss battle, dunno how far that is into the game, though. Probably at least 15 hours.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has a new free-to-play restriction: No one under level 10 is allowed to use the chat. It's probably to curtail adbots, but it's got to be off-putting as hell for noobs. I remember asking questions when I made my first character, and making conversation every time I created a new character. It was fun, ya know? New players must feel totally lost now... but at least training is free now, including the speeder license, apparently.

Too much, man...too damn much:

-Injustice (360)

-Tomb Raider/Guardian of Light (360)

-Oceanhorn (PC)

-Cities Skylines (PC)

-Ori and the Blind Forest (One)

-Rayman Legends (One)

And those are just the ones that I've been decent about playing on a regular basis. I have quite a few more that I haven't found time to include in my rotation. I'm especially trying to play all of these 360 games, because I want to delete/make room for new GwG games.

I started playing Resident Evil HD. I never played the remake on Gamecube or Wii, so the very idea of crimson heads has me paranoid and running around like a pacifist. I can't seem to figure out how to get the 1st floor map. In the original game, there was a stepladder...

Edit: I knew going in that some things would be different, but... As a veteran player of Director's Cut, I'm quite lost. Playing as Jill in this game, is kinda like playing as Chris in the original game. Sword key included. I ended up taking a completely different path than what I always do.

I always start with Jill by going through the dog ambush hallway and triggering the Jill Sandwich cutscene. Then I continue through, end up meeting Barry in the main hall upstairs (Is that possible in the remake?) where he gives me acid rounds. This time, I wasn't able to get anywhere upstairs. Had to come back through the 1F hallway, where I met Barry again in the main hall. This ought to be interesting.

Edited by WarGreymon77

Star Wars: The Old Republic has a new free-to-play restriction: No one under level 10 is allowed to use the chat. It's probably to curtail adbots, but it's got to be off-putting as hell for noobs. I remember asking questions when I made my first character, and making conversation every time I created a new character. It was fun, ya know? New players must feel totally lost now... but at least training is free now, including the speeder license, apparently.

Are you just talking normal chat, or does that include whispers and group chat?

Normal chat. I didn't try the others.

Normal chat. I didn't try the others.

Ahh okay. I could understand the loss of normal chat, but group and whisper tends to be important in MMOs, even for younglings.

PS4:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Dynasty Warriors 8

Evil Within (gave it a shot, never should have done that. - poor game IMO)

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

WWE 2K15

PC:

Heroes 3 :D

Mount and Blade: Warband

Edited by Niffan

I'm experiencing many moments of fail in "REmake" (PS4), mostly due to over-reliance on PS1 RE1 experience. I'll grab my fuel canteen and be prepared for a rumble, only to find out there are no zombies in this hallway anymore. I'll grab an item to use for a puzzle and find out it doesn't work that way anymore. I'll turn a switch and

poison the green herbs instead of Plant 42

Worst of all though? Jill has to use the sword key! WTF is that shit about? But at least I've still got Barry. And two extra inventory slots. Take that, Chris!

Correction on SWTOR: Whisper is also disabled for free players below level 10.

Unrelated, I deleted my powertech character today in a rage. In a recent update, they took my favorite ability in the game (Full Auto a.k.a. Unload), normally available for baseline troopers and bounty hunters around level 4 or so, and pushed it up to level 15. That's bad enough, because it was the core element of my combat routine and was very cool-looking and fun. That's not all. Now only the commandos and mercenaries get it.

This is why I hate MMOs. Devs can just come along and remove whatever they want, because they decided, years later, that you're not playing the class the way that they want you to play it. I hope there's a million complaint threads on their forums about this. Not that they read their own forum. Never remove. Only improve. I am *censored*ing pissed.

Purchased 3 games from a big sale in my neck of the woods.

I bought Tomb Raider: Game Of The Year Edition (PS3), Saints Row 4: Gat Out Of Hell (PS3) and Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS) finally.

Thing is, I could've purchased Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate, Ultimate NES Remix or Kirby: Triple Deluxe for my 3DS. Are Blackgate and NES Remix any good?