Official WWE Fastlane Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orton's Back - His match with Rollins at WrestleMania should be match of the night, needs a stipulation like Lumberjack or Steel Cage though, to stop Rollins from running.

Without even looking at the name, I can tell it was HawkinsRyderFan who came up with this idea. There's no way it can be anyone other than him.

Yeah I thought that same lmfao

I actually lost respect for Roman Reigns. He was starting to win me over in the weeks leading up to this pay-per-view, but he blew it. You're in denial if you think Bryan didn't completely carry him through this match. He didn't do jack shit.

Crowley...the fanboy is speaking out of you

I am a Daniel Bryan fan, yes. I've also been watching wrestling long enough to know that guy could have a four star match with the blow up doll from DDT.

Lmao @ saying Bryan carried Reigns tonight. If anything Bryan just did his usual shit and Reigns made the match more interesting.

Great match and great show overall. More excited for this years Mania than last years.

I agree, Roman Reigns made the match so much more interesting by making pouty faces at the camera before getting his ass handed to him for twenty minutes. The match was good and I know that it takes two to tango, but seriously? I think some of you guys are so desperate for them to create new stars that you're willing to cling to anything at this point.

I actually lost respect for Roman Reigns. He was starting to win me over in the weeks leading up to this pay-per-view, but he blew it. You're in denial if you think Bryan didn't completely carry him through this match. He didn't do jack shit.

I don't even know how to respond to this, I just wanted to acknowledge that it exists.....seriously the most blind opinion I've seen on this forum

Coming from what user it is I'm extremely shocked and didn't expect it.

I am not, he trolls when he wants
Damn. I've never seen that. Maybe I hold certain users in high regard too much..

Why would you hold anyone here "in high regard"?

By "high regard" I don't neccesarily mean like a God or anything of that nature. I expect certain users to give thought provoking or amazing posts compared to others. For instance you usually have some great posts filled with intellect and facts. But that specific post I foind very fanboy-ish and I'm not used to that from you and certain other users. Hope that made sense.

Orton's Back - His match with Rollins at WrestleMania should be match of the night, needs a stipulation like Lumberjack or Steel Cage though, to stop Rollins from running.

Without even looking at the name, I can tell it was HawkinsRyderFan who came up with this idea. There's no way it can be anyone other than him.
What? Rollins' gimmick is that of a coward who only really fights when he has some sort of advantage. Giving that match a stipulation where he can't run & hide as well as stopping outside interference from J&J is far better than a regular match, especially for WrestleMania.

Because he always runs away to the back in normal matches, right? Lumberjack matches suck balls, and so do Steel Cage matches most of the time. The two of them can steal the show in a regular singles matches at a stage like 'Mania, no need to add any sort of stupid stipulation to it and take away from its quality. That's what I hated about the Rollins/Ambrose matches (even though the NHB one was awesome). They never had a normal match where they could just wrestle and kick ass. Would have been better than including weapons or some lumberjacks. Just let both simply wrestle. Don't fix what isn't broken, don't needlessly experiment.

Yep. It clearly is the fanboy speaking out of you

I'm not even sure what exactly you're trying to say. A fanboy of what? Daniel Bryan? Usually that word carries a negative connotation, so I'm getting the impression that you're trying to insult me or something. I wouldn't even care that you are if you at least tried to make discussion instead of just calling names. I like how people are accusing me of "blindly hating" and being a "fanboy" when all I'm doing is saying my opinion and backing it up with facts and observations, meanwhile the people attacking me are just making shitty little posts accusing me of trolling and stuff.

I'm not even sure what exactly you're trying to say. A fanboy of what? Daniel Bryan? Usually that word carries a negative connotation, so I'm getting the impression that you're trying to insult me or something. I wouldn't even care that you are if you at least tried to make discussion instead of just calling names. I like how people are accusing me of "blindly hating" and being a "fanboy" when all I'm doing is saying my opinion and backing it up with facts and observations, meanwhile the people attacking me are just making shitty little posts accusing me of trolling and stuff.

Because your points so far have been nothing but:

"Daniel Bryan is a great wrestler. I want him in the Main Event of Wrestlemania and Roman Reigns makes funny facial expressions."

The Bryan/Reigns situation has cooled down because they both had a great match, which is exactly what WWE wanted, and the majority has succumbed to what they wanted, because no one's complaining anymore. I'm not saying it wasn't the right thing to do following the atrocious Rumble, but it also doesn't change the fact that our opinions don't matter to them, and that they handpicked Reigns and are willing to diminish Bryan's popularity by having him act like a d*ck to get people to cheer for Reigns.
i know... People are tired of all the complaining, but it is true. I can't respect Reigns yet even if he is talented, because he has been handpicked to headline Mania. It's as simple as that, and there's no way of justifying it to me. WWE neglects what the fans choose, pick their own favourite, and put him on the top.

Lmfao Kane got the pin, remember when he was a jobber

and oh mah gurd it's Randall Ortan

Surprised they'd give Goldust the win could could at Mania I guess

I don't understand why you can't respect or appreciate someone just for being "handpicked". Did you guys not like Hogan back then? Austin? Do you not cheer for Bálor? I saw a lot of fans being happy about Batista coming back, cheering for Lesnar or The Rock, who are doing much worse things to the current roster. I would understand hate against managment for picking someone you feel isn't good enough yet but the talent itself? I don't get that. Do you expect, Reigns for example, to go to Vince and be like "Nah, I aint ready yet, give someone else the world title and the Mania main event, I don't want it"?

The Bryan/Reigns situation has cooled down because they both had a great match, which is exactly what WWE wanted, and the majority has succumbed to what they wanted, because no one's complaining anymore. I'm not saying it wasn't the right thing to do following the atrocious Rumble, but it also doesn't change the fact that our opinions don't matter to them, and that they handpicked Reigns and are willing to diminish Bryan's popularity by having him act like a d*ck to get people to cheer for Reigns.

i know... People are tired of all the complaining, but it is true. I can't respect Reigns yet even if he is talented, because he has been handpicked to headline Mania. It's as simple as that, and there's no way of justifying it to me. WWE neglects what the fans choose, pick their own favourite, and put him on the top.

Daniel Bryan acting like a dick is what made many people a fan of him in the first place.

And during this feud the WWE made sure that it isn't Black vs. White. They made sure that both men acted somewhat-Tweenerish during the built up.

I'm disappointed that we will probably never see Bryan Vs Lesnar now. Both incredibly physical wrestlers but in completley different ways, would have loved to have seen it. Not a huge fan of Reigns either tbh.

Not much about Wrestlemania excites me right now. I honestly thought after last year that Bryan, Cesaro, Ambrose and Rollins would be in the big featured matches. Happy that Bray Wyatt's in a big match though, really pleased for him.

If I'm the newer guy at work and the head boss and upper management see's something in me and various co workers also see potential in me to take the supervisor position and there's another guy whose been their longer but a little older and may not be able to meet the physical and mental demands I'm taking that damn position. Hand picked or not I'm taking it because I want to get ahead and be the best. I'm not about to sit here and play politics and say you know what boss, I don't think I'm ready for this promotion. I'm going to give it all I got and if I fall on my ass so be it and if I suceed then sweet deal too. It's all about productivity guys and gals.

Because your points so far have been nothing but:

"Daniel Bryan is a great wrestler. I want him in the Main Event of Wrestlemania and Roman Reigns makes funny facial expressions."

I've been just as critical of Bryan's booking as Reigns'. It's no secret that I wanted the Brock vs. Bryan match, but I would have been perfectly fine with Brock vs. someone else who is experienced and over enough to warrant a WrestleMania main event. And fine. Apparently everyone else is allowed to make childish posts, but all of mine have to be mature and polite because I'm held to a special standard or something. So instead of just making fun of his goofy duckface, I'll spell it out for all of you. Again.

The match was entertaining. I enjoyed watching it, and there was nothing wrong with Roman Reigns' performance. However, his performance wasn't anything out of the ordinary either. It followed the same formula that all of his matches do and he didn't experiment or take any risks. Normally it wouldn't bother me because it's the same old same old, but this was his last chance to step up his game and prove himself before WrestleMania. Having a good match with Daniel Bryan doesn't prove anything. Anyone can have a good match with Daniel Bryan. Especially when all you do is take all his offense and then randomly hit your finishing move for the win. Roman Reigns is still underwhelming in kayfabe because Bryan has been booked terribly since his return and getting your ass kicked by him isn't exactly anything to brag about, especially when you're about to go up against someone who has been booked to be invincible. And he's still underwhelming in reality because while the match was good, it was basically just a longer version of his past matches with a lot more selling and trying to catch his breath.

Reigns probably isn't to be blamed for where he is, but it is the very nature of wwe's booking that is at fault. This certainly isn't new, before Reigns was Cena and Hogan, and people eventually came to respect and cheer for both, which is probably the path Reigns is heading in following his match with Bryan, The problem is, the dust has finally settled and Reigns will not be booed as much anymore. He will obviously win the title at Mania and become the next big thing regardless of whether he could get over with fans or not.
Basically, he's going to do what CM Punk couldn't because they like him.

I don't understand why you can't respect or appreciate someone just for being "handpicked". Did you guys not like Hogan back then? Austin? Do you not cheer for Bálor? I saw a lot of fans being happy about Batista coming back, cheering for Lesnar or The Rock, who are doing much worse things to the current roster. I would understand hate against managment for picking someone you feel isn't good enough yet but the talent itself? I don't get that. Do you expect, Reigns for example, to go to Vince and be like "Nah, I aint ready yet, give someone else the world title and the Mania main event, I don't want it"?

Well when you make comments like "I don't care what the fans think and hopefully I just get rich", you're not exactly trying hard to endear yourself to people or prove them wrong. He's getting handed something that he doesn't deserve and rather than trying to win people over like Cena always did, he's basically just fine being mediocre. Last night's match was evidence of that, in my opinion.

Well when you make comments like "I don't care what the fans think and hopefully I just get rich", you're not exactly trying hard to endear yourself to people or prove them wrong. He's getting handed something that he doesn't deserve and rather than trying to win people over like Cena always did, he's basically just fine being mediocre. Last night's match was evidence of that, in my opinion.

Eh, I can spin that the way around too and just say "Well, Bryan only lives off of the YES chants, all his matches consist of the same five or six moves and he's stale. He doesn't even want to perform great anymore"

Kidd goes from being possible repackaged and jobbing in NXT to winning a main roster title belt... good for him!

Been a fan of Kidd since the Redemption days. Cesaro is eh tho

Sorry but WWE has been doing this for as long as WM and the RR has existed. They have to do this because they are the ones with the money invested. They always choose who is going to win the RR and main event WM long in advance. Last year was an exception because they gave in, but it is a very good thing they didnt give in two years in a row.

Eh, I can spin that the way around too and just say "Well, Bryan only lives off of the YES chants, all his matches consist of the same five or six moves and he's stale. He doesn't even want to perform great anymore"

Who cares how many moves a wrestler does. Daniel Bryan's matches are nowhere near as formulaic as Reigns', and you know that. The amount of moves a wrestler does is no indication of how skilled they are. If it was, Teddy Hart would be one of the all-time greats. And I don't know him personally, so for all I know, maybe Bryan really is just lazy and apathetic. But at least he doesn't go on interviews and brag about it like Roman Reigns does.

Anyways, we're not talking about Daniel Bryan. Stop trying to spin everything so that it's about Daniel Bryan.

Archived