Should the Authority get new members?

ProDG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also Stephanie makes Nikki an official member after humiliating Brie and demoting her to NXT. Nikki accepts this because it's best for business.

Why keep Noble and Mercury? You wanna make Rollins look like the future of the company, not a future Cruiserweight champion. That's one of the things about Rollins that does not look right to me.

If anything, HawkinsRyderFan's idea of having Big Show and Mark Henry as his bodyguards sound MUCH better. Let them protect Seth Rollins. No one gets near them and all Rollins does is just laugh or get a few cheapshots here and there. In other words, no one touches him for a while. Only then when Seth gets his comeuppance and there's no Big Show or Mark Henry to save him, the crowd would pop big.

Noble and Mercury? Hell no.

J&J make great bumbling idiots who can't do anything right, as well as great a great get-away system. Rollins can get away while J&J are getting beat up.

Because Noble and Mercury are awesome. Seriously, they're like the perfect Authority stooges. The only tolerable part apart from Rollins. Bringing in more "muscle" instead of them would be terrible. It's bad enough The Authority is still a thing...

Why can't Rollins have both? I can see him making either muscle for a beatdown or idiots for a getaway work. Both gives him more to work with.
Aren't Kane and Big Show exactly that, or at least that's what their roles basically are? I can hardly do with Authority continuing any longer, let alone expanding even further.
Currently that's what Kane and Big Show do, and it's booked horribly. I'd have Kane move into a more non-wrestling role, very rarely getting physical, while, after a wake-up call from Rollins, Show & Henery start destroying the tag division and are a lot more intimidating than they are now.

It sounds like something WWE would do but I'd hope they don't do this because of Big Show and Mark Henry's storyline. Just wouldn't make sense to me for them to pair up after all that went down not even that long ago.

This is one case where I wouldn't mind if they conpletely ignored a feud. Said feud was pointless as both people were a damn good team split for no reason.

If Del Rio was still around, I would suggest that the Authority be:

HHH - COO

Stephanie - CBO

Noble and Mercury - J&J Security

Rollins - The Future

Cesaro - Director of Foreign Affairs/Swiss banking connections

Del Rio - Market Adviser/Something to do with money

Make the group more about money and power, rather than just being in charge.

Also Stephanie makes Nikki an official member after humiliating Brie and demoting her to NXT. Nikki accepts this because it's best for business.

I dasagree with this. What role would Nikki have as a member?

Well she's the WWE Divas champion so I'd think it be a good look for both sides to come together. Stephanie becoming her full time manager and it just goes like that.

Also I could picture them inserting Nikki into an angle with Cena that has her attempt to lure him to their side. Which comes down to him having to choose between the fans and his girlfriend.

Why keep Noble and Mercury? You wanna make Rollins look like the future of the company, not a future Cruiserweight champion. That's one of the things about Rollins that does not look right to me.

If anything, HawkinsRyderFan's idea of having Big Show and Mark Henry as his bodyguards sound MUCH better. Let them protect Seth Rollins. No one gets near them and all Rollins does is just laugh or get a few cheapshots here and there. In other words, no one touches him for a while. Only then when Seth gets his comeuppance and there's no Big Show or Mark Henry to save him, the crowd would pop big.

Noble and Mercury? Hell no.

J&J make great bumbling idiots who can't do anything right, as well as great a great get-away system. Rollins can get away while J&J are getting beat up.

Because Noble and Mercury are awesome. Seriously, they're like the perfect Authority stooges. The only tolerable part apart from Rollins. Bringing in more "muscle" instead of them would be terrible. It's bad enough The Authority is still a thing...

Why can't Rollins have both? I can see him making either muscle for a beatdown or idiots for a getaway work. Both gives him more to work with.
Aren't Kane and Big Show exactly that, or at least that's what their roles basically are? I can hardly do with Authority continuing any longer, let alone expanding even further.
Currently that's what Kane and Big Show do, and it's booked horribly. I'd have Kane move into a more non-wrestling role, very rarely getting physical, while, after a wake-up call from Rollins, Show & Henery start destroying the tag division and are a lot more intimidating than they are now.

It sounds like something WWE would do but I'd hope they don't do this because of Big Show and Mark Henry's storyline. Just wouldn't make sense to me for them to pair up after all that went down not even that long ago.

This is one case where I wouldn't mind if they conpletely ignored a feud. Said feud was pointless as both people were a damn good team split for no reason.

I see your point but I still think Owens would be a better choice considering he's one of the major signings Triple H personally wanted and got and this could all be brought up on screen. Also Rollins and Owens are no strangers to each other.

How I would book the authority:

Triple H & Stephanie: Leaders, rarely appear on screen.

Kane: Director of Operations, in charge of the day to day operations of RAW & SmackDown!. Rarely wrestles.

J&J Sercurity: The distraction while everyone else gets away. Rarely winning when they wrestle.

Big Show & Mark Henry: The muscle of the group, usually used to put a beat down on an opponent. Rarely losing matches.

Rollins: The future of the company. Usally accompanied by either J&J or Show & Henry.

Scott Armstrong: The corrupt referee helping Rollins win his matches.

Wow that's actually pretty clever. A crooked ref could do some good yeah.

I think someone mentioned Barret and Harper be part of The Authority, gets other guys more prominent roles and veterans whose times have passed.

Maybe not Harper cus of his look, even tough it could be interesting. But Barret would fit like a glove, even have that operating officer that Kane has. Be a boss, deliver bad news, and be a IC champion, magnificent role. And I would replace Show with Cesaro, he doesn't have to talk if they don't like him, and be a mercenary. Kicks ass and intervenes when people hate it against faces.

Triple H, Barret, Rollins, Cesaro. A stable for the ages. All have the ability to be mega heels, nad they all showed it, ok unless Cesaro, but could still be in that role.

Probably too late to do this now but I would have had Reigns turn heel and join the authority when he came back. His logic being that he wasn't getting the job done alone. The authority would then use him and Rollins like Punk used he Shield in late 2012 early 2013. But then they'd be tension between Rollins and Reigns over which one of them was the big future star. Reigns would win the Rumble and the next night and Raw the authority would parade him around as the next big thing. Then turn Rollins face after he cashes in on the champ and have heel reigns vs face Rollins at WM.

Archived