Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AssaultDriver720

King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

Jesus Christ. You understood nothing that was said

Just the fact that you thought AJ/Nakamura 1 got 5 stars shows your ignorance.

Edited by Wedding Cake

I don't think he understands what a bias is. Of course we're gonna bring up WWE because if he's biased that means he's for New Japan in another company's detriment. He would be biased if, had that Ospreay vs Scurll match happened in WWE, he'd given it 4 stars or something. A bias would be if he rated matches higher just because they happened in New Japan when it's actually the other way around when it comes to WWE.

Former EVOLVE Wrestling Champion Zack Sabre Jr. has parted ways from EVOLVE for a full-time contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling, according to a report from The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Zack dropped the EVOLVE Championship to current Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Tag Team Champion and former MMA fighter Matt Riddle a few days ago after holding the championship since February of 2017.

EVOLVE posted the following on Twitter:

Heartbroken to have to say goodbye to @zacksabrejr, but were unbelievably proud to have had such a great champion and wrestler be part of the WWNLive family. Thanks for everything, Zack. Come back anytime.

https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/982442014837882880

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/51661/Zack-Sabre-Jr-Leaves-EVOLVE-for-Full-Time-NJPW-Deal/

What the actual *Censored*?

Oh wait, the gimmick is back, the wrestler playing it could be someone else...

From the Observer:

Katsuya Kitamura, 32, the 2017 Wrestling Observer Rookie of the Year and a wrestler considered theJapanese version of Brock Lesnar, may no longer be with the company.
Kitamura has been out of action for five weeks. His last match was on 3/4 in Tsukuba, teaming with Manabu Nakanishi, losing to Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano. He apparently suffered a concussion in that match and hasn’t wrestled since.
There are reports that he’s out of action with a concussion and his career is over. Those within the company have said that the concussion is a cover reason and it was another as yet undisclosed reason why he is not expected back.
Katsuya fooking Kitamura? Get the *Censored* outta here.
Edited by Lil' Kazu

I blame Cody for this return.

Also, really hope Kitamura isn't gone, he seemed promosing. Maybe he's on excursion?

Edited by Fight Me.

They announce excursions. He was 6/7 matches through with his 7 match trial series. I hope the Bone Soldier return is a Dan Matha like swerve and it culminates with Kitamura returning and squashing him :lol:

The main event from the 13th was a great match. It just glew by, I was really enjoying it and then heard the announcer go '25 minutes passed' and I was like wuuuut?

I was there live, the crowd was really into that match. Great to see Finlay getting some shine.

Edited by Niffan

Guy that lost the first game, right? He was crazy good and enormously fluid in his chain wrestling. Not to mention his selling, which was on point for the whole match.

Edited by Niffan

What the actual *Censored*?

Oh wait, the gimmick is back, the wrestler playing it could be someone else...

From the Observer:

Katsuya Kitamura, 32, the 2017 Wrestling Observer Rookie of the Year and a wrestler considered theJapanese version of Brock Lesnar, may no longer be with the company.

Kitamura has been out of action for five weeks. His last match was on 3/4 in Tsukuba, teaming with Manabu Nakanishi, losing to Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano. He apparently suffered a concussion in that match and hasnt wrestled since.

There are reports that hes out of action with a concussion and his career is over. Those within the company have said that the concussion is a cover reason and it was another as yet undisclosed reason why he is not expected back.

Katsuya fooking Kitamura? Get the *Censored* outta here.

This is such bullshit, Kitamura was my *Censored*.

Yep, it really sucks. Meltzer said again on WOR yesterday that he's gone. He said he'll try to figure out the reason soon. Still hope it's New Japan repackaging him and keeping it on the DL.

According to f4wonline.com, advertising for the 2018 NJPW best of The Super Juniors tournament has revealed 13 of the 16 competitors. They are Will Ospreay, Hiromu Takahashi, KUSHIDA, Marty Scurll, Flip Gordon, Dragon Lee, BUSHI, Sho, Yoh, Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask IV, El Desperado, and Yoshinobu Kanemaru.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/13-wrestlers-advertised-2018-njpw-best-super-juniors/