King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching the Night 4 matches. Sanada vs Chuckie T was great. Nice to see Chuckie winning over the crowd at the end.

Elgin vs Juice and Ibushi vs ZSJ are the matches I'm looking forward to the most out of the quarters. Really hope we get Ibushi vs SANADA in the semis, that could be awesome. I just checked and the only match they've had together was a random 10 man tag last year in a house show when Ibushi was still Tiger Mask W.

Btw, I'm loving the team of Ibushi & Chase Owens. More than that, I'm loving Chase Owens vs Okada in tag matches. Shit, I'm loving Chase Owens in general. He's been really impressive to me this year every time I've seen him. Kinda wish he was still a Junior so he could be on BOSJ cause I doubt he'll get a spot in G1.

Dude, Juice vs Tana was tremendous. Might've been Juice's best ever match.

Finally caught up, gonna give my thoughts on the tourney matches. Juice vs Elgin was pretty damn good. Fale vs Tana was the match you'd expect, it was good. Sanada vs Yano was what you'd expect, pretty entertaining. Sabre vs Ibushi was one of the best matches of the Cup, thought it was better than ZSJ/Naito.

Young Lions take stuff in the dojo to allow them to take extreme abuse with no repercussions. That's the only way they can survive Suzuki's attacks.

Honestly, though, I would be scared shitless if I was a Young Lion and I saw him coming in my direction. He holds back nothing when he's going after those kids. Apparently he used to like do shoot sparring with Kawato before shows, that kid's gonna be something...

According to a recent report, the arm injury Rey Mysterio is dealing with wont stop him from returning to WWE. But the bicep tendon tear will stop him from wrestling for New Japan in Long Beach this Sunday (Mar. 25) at Strong Style Evolved.

The promotion broke the bad news to fans during a press conference on Thursday where they also revealed the complete card for the event, which will air live on AXS TV at 8PM Eastern.

[Final card below]

Mysterio, who was injured during a match for Northeast Wrestling earlier this month, will be replaced by Will Ospreay. Ospreay vs. Jushin Thunder Liger joins the following line-up:

- Golden?Lovers (Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi) vs. The Young Bucks

- Jay White © vs. Adam Page for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship

- Zack Sabre Jr. and Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiro Ishii

- Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, Ryusuke Taguchi and Dragon Lee vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, BUSHI and Hiromu Takahashi)

- Cody and Marty Scurll vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa)

- Chuck Taylor and Toru Yano vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer

- Hirooki Goto and Gedo vs. Juice Robinson and David Finlay

- Rocky Romero and Roppongi 3K (Sho and Yoh) vs. So Cal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky)

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2018/3/22/17150764/rey-mysterio-injured-out-jushin-liger-will-ospreay-replace-strong-style-evolved-full-card

Archived