King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

But aren't all New Japan contracts one year at a time?

Yeah, most are and they usually expire after Wrestle Kingdom. Though after last year's raid of AJ, The Club and Nakamura, they started locking guys down to longer deals.

Didn't Omega just sign a one year deal?

He said he was looking to sign a one year contract but it was never confirmed that that's the length they agreed on.

Night 3 spoilers:

EVIL beat Nagata so he'll face either Yano or Bad Luck Fale in the semi finals. I'd say EVIL's pretty much a lock in the finals match.

Have to say...after watching that...it was kind of anti-climactic, IMO.

Good match? Definitely.

Great match? Maybe.

Anywhere near the WK match? Nope, nope, nope...a thousand times nope. Still a fun match. Most of the excitement only happened in the final moments, and then it kinda seemed like it was over rather abruptly.

Fale should just wear the singlet he had underneath the shirt, looks way better than that shitty bag of potatoes. They could just replace him with Jeff Cobb dressed as Matanza and pretend it's still Fale.

Finals Spoiler:

Stoked my boy Shibata won :D Wonder if Okada will play the heel in their Title Match seeing as Shibata as gone full blown

babyface now. Would be awesome if Shibata won that match, dude has to have a IWGP Championship reign sometime but I won't be too sad if he doesn't win.

Sakura Genesis card got revealed earlier today.

Eight man tag:
Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata, Tiger Mask W & Tiger Mask IV vs. Bullet Club (Tama Tonga, Tanga Roa, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens)

Six man tag:
CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Rocky Romero & Beretta) vs. Suzukigun (Minoru SUzuki, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku)

IWGP Jr. Tag Team title match:
Suzukigun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi) © vs. The World Class Tag Team (Gedo & Jado)

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega & Bad Luck Fale

Eight man tag:
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Ricochet & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI)

IWGP Tag Team title match:
TenCozy (Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan) © vs. War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe)

NEVER Openweight title match:
Hirooki Goto © vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

IWGP Jr. title match:
Hiromu Takahashi © vs. KUSHIDA

IWGP Heavyweight title match:
Kazuchika Okada © vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Archived