King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

I'd love to watch it again, but with the AXS TV commentary with JR instead.

Yeah. If I have to watch it with English commentary again, I want it to be with JR. Corino and Kelley were *censored*ing awful. Nearly put me to sleep. Thank God I had the nL guys to listen to as well, even if they did talk over the majority of Shibata/Goto

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the card for Sundays NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo. The shows will air live at 4:30AM ET on New Japan World

* KUSHIDA & Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-guns Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado

* Yuji Nagata & Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Yoshitatsu & David Finlay & Henare

* Katsuyori Shibata & Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. CHAOS Will Ospreay & Gedo & Jado

* YOSHI-HASHI vs. Takashi Iizuka

* Michael Elgin & Hiroshi Tanahashi & Manabu Nakanishi & Ryusuke Taguchi & Dragon Lee vs. Tetsuya Naito & SANADA & EVIL & BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi

* IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team champions Roppongi Vice vs. Suzuki-guns TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

* NEVER Openweight champion Hirooki Goto vs. Juice Robinson

* IWGP Tag Team champions Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. The Killer Elite Squad

* IWGP champion Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki

http://411mania.com/wrestling/updated-card-for-sundays-njpw-new-beginning-in-sapporo-event/

Kenny Omega recently spoke to Vice Sports about his life and pro wrestling. Here are some of the highlights:

Going to WWE:

"There are certainly factors, people there that I feel like I should tangle with, that would be an intriguing story. It's up to them. I wasn't able to tell my greatest stories in New Japan until they trusted me to run with the ball, either. It's a two-way street. If they give me a blank slate, and they give me a brush and they say paint your greatest picture ever, take as much time as you need and use whatever colours you want, I can guarantee them that I will give them a classic. However, if they give me a Post-it note and a piece or charcoal and say here's five minutes, I'll do what I can, but it may not be a classic."

Match against Kazuchika Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 11:

"I've actually yet to watch the match back. I'm afraid to watch the match back because I've never actually had a match where it was so positively received from all corners of the wrestling community. It is almost too positive to the point where I'm wondering, is something up here? I love a compliment just as much as the next person, but I'm also pretty shy, so when I'm put on the spot like that and people around me only have nice things to say, I'm starting to feel like I'm the butt end of a joke I'm not in on."

What kept him from quitting pro wrestling:

"I was thinking I'd do a farewell tour locally (in Winnipeg). But then I ended up having a match with AJ Styles. It was because of that match that I had realized there were people that sort of wrestled the way I wished wrestling was. It gave me another reason to believe in wrestling again, that there must be other people like this in the world."

Kenny Omega also discussed selling an injury properly and how pro wrestling is seen by its fans. You can read the full interview by clicking here: https://sports.vice.com/ca/article/kenny-omegas-journey-from-canadian-junior-hockey-goalie-to-wrestling-superstar.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0204/622906/kenny-omega-on-going-to-wwe/

Finished watching the show today. I'd say only the title matches are worth watching and the Shibata/Ospreay tag match if you're interested in the feud.

The main event was really great, I went in fully expecting MiSu to win seeing as Suzuki-Gun had lost both the title matches and the intensity in the submissions and the booking really had me on the edge of my seat thinking Okada could tap at any minute, which is something hard to do nowadays. When I finished watching the match I had even more of an appreciation for it because I realised it was 40 minutes long. Even with the long submission spots time just flew by, what a match. I don't know where this leaves Suzuki-Gun, though, they left kinda looking like chumps, I'd say.

Here is the updated card for tomorrows NJPW New Beginning in Osaka card, which has been reshuffled a bit due to injury. The show airs tomorrow morning on New Japan World at 3AM ET. 411 will have live coverage of the show at 3AM ET

* David Finlay is still out of action with a shoulder injury.

* Desperado is off the card due to an injury.

* Lance Archer is out of the IWGP Tag Team title match due to a back issue.

February 11 New Beginning in Osaka:

* Kawato vs. TAKA Michinoku

* Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima & Henare vs. KUSHIDA, Yoshitatsu & Tomoyuki Oka

* Juice Robinson, Yuji Nagata, Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. YOSHI-HASH, Hirooki Goto, & Gedo & Jado

* Kazuchika Okada, Rocky Romero & Beretta vs. Minoru Suzuki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi

* NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Champions Hiroshi Tanahashi & Manabu Nakanishi & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. SANADA & EVIL & BUSHI

* Revolution Pro Champion Katsuyori Shibata vs. Will Ospreay

* IWGP Tag Team Champions Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Takashi Iizuka

* IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee

* IWGP Intercontinental Champion Tetsuya Naito vs. Michael Elgin

http://411mania.com/wrestling/updated-card-for-tomorrows-njpw-new-beginning-in-osaka-event/

Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, also known as The Elite, will finally be facing off against a few WWE Superstars this April. Unfortunately, the long-awaited New Day feud isnt what were here to talk about today. Flight Club: Pro in England has announced The Elite vs. British Strong Strong (Pete Dunne, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate) for night one of their Dream Tag Team Invitational weekend on April 14th.

Also confirmed for the Easter weekend events are Pentagon OM, Fenix, Marty Scurll, Zack Sabre Jr., Shane Strickland, Sami Callihan, Mark Andrews, Travis Banks, and Chris Brookes.

https://twitter.com/Fightclubpro/status/830149091380363264

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/804563-kenny-omega-young-bucks-facing-wwe-uk-tournament-stars-impact-wrestling-television-tapings-announced-for-march

Dragon Lee vs Takahashi was *censored*ing bruuuuutal.

I kinda wanted more from Shibata and Ospreay but I still thoroughly enjoyed that match and I love seeing Ospreay continue to be legitimized.

But holy *censored*ing shit....Naito/Elgin were really trying to come for Omega and Okada's neck. That match had no right to be that damn good. I remember when I used to hate Michael Elgin in ROH but he's honestly one of my favorites now. Unbelievable match.

8GZxlvV.gif

Suzuki-Gun should take notes from LIJ on how to do a clean sweep.

Also, you gotta see Hiromu vs. Dragon Lee to believe it. Holy shit!

Hiromu and Dragon Lee are unbelievable together I haven't seen today's match yet. Their matches in CMLL and ROH have all been class.

I have seen them all and today's match was the best one i thought. And that is saying something considering how good this rivalry has been.

Archived