King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity (because I been having a few discussions), rate these matches from greatest to least great(numbers are my opinion; 1 is greatest). I didn't put Omega/Okada for obvious reasons:

OReilly/Cole (4)

KUSHIDA/Takahashi (2)

Goto/Shibata (1)

Naito/Tanahashi (3)

Out of curiosity (because I been having a few discussions), rate these matches from greatest to least great(numbers are my opinion; 1 is greatest). I didn't put Omega/Okada for obvious reasons:

OReilly/Cole (4)

KUSHIDA/Takahashi (2)

Goto/Shibata (1)

Naito/Tanahashi (3)

KUSHIDA/Takahashi (1)

Naito/Tanahashi (2)

Goto/Shibata (3)

OReilly/Cole should not even be in that same discussion. That was the worst match of the entire show.

- The 2017 Fantastica Mania tour, which is a co-promotional tour between NJPW and CMLL is this month. The final three cards will air live on NJPW World:

January 20 at Korakuen Hall:

* Ephesto & Ospreay vs. Panther Jr. & Henare

* Soberano Jr. & Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Raziel & Gedo & Jado

* Maximo & Stuka Jr. vs. Okumura & Hechicero

* Naito & Rush & Sanada & Evil & Bushi vs. Atlantis & Tanahashi & Kushida & Taguchi & Finlay

* Mistico & Volador Jr. & Juice Robinson vs. Okada & Ephesto & Ultimo Guerrero

* Hiromu Takahashi vs. Titan

* Dragon Lee vs. Cavernario for CMLL lightweight title

January 21 at Korakuen Hall:

* Ephesto & Raziel & Gedo & Jado vs. Liger & Tiger Mask & Henare & Panther Jr.

* Stuka Jr. vs. Okumura

* Soberano Jr. & Kushida & Taguchi vs Cavernario & Okada & Ospreay

* Dragon Lee & Titan & Tanahashi & Robinson & Finlay vs. Naito & Rush & Sanada & Evil & Bushi

* Mistico & Volador Jr. vs. Guerrero & Euforia

* Atlantis vs. Rush

* Maximo vs. Hechicero for CMLL heavyweight title

January 22 at Korakuen Hall:

* Panther Jr. & Soberano Jr. & Henare vs. Cavernario & Gedo & Jado

* Liger & Tiger Mask & Stuka Jr. vs. Raziel & Hechicero & Okumura

* Dragon Lee & Titan vs. Takahashi & Bushi

* Maximo & Robinson & Taguchi vs. Okada & Ospreay & Ephesto

* Atlantis & Tanahashi & Kushida & Finlay vs. Rush & Naito & Sanada & Evil

* Mistico vs. Euforia

* Volador Jr. vs. Ultimo Guerrero

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0106/620966/is-kenny-omega-leaving-japan/

O'Reilly/Cole was just lost in a sea of better matches, tbh. I don't think it was necessarily boring or disappointing on its own...but, comparatively, to the rest of the card...yeah, it was nothing great. Then again, I'm not really a Kyle O'Reilly fan to begin with. I dig Adam Cole...but it takes two to dance, as they say.

O'Reilly/Cole was just lost in a sea of better matches, tbh. I don't think it was necessarily boring or disappointing on its own...but, comparatively, to the rest of the card...yeah, it was nothing great. Then again, I'm not really a Kyle O'Reilly fan to begin with. I dig Adam Cole...but it takes two to dance, as they say.

I guess O'Reilly prefers to...

dance away

Honestly, the future of pro wrestling is in being a free agent, IMO. It's getting to where those guys can work anywhere they want...even the WWE. I don't know if I'd be willing to lock down a contract in one specific spot with the way things are laid out these days. Maybe Omega is considering something like that...

I find it funny that Juice Robinson went from losing to new NXT guys to losing to a new guy in NJPW.

Juice's career is actually doing great.

Let me guess...you watched his one match at WK11 and deduced that he was a failure because he didn't win? Well, you're wrong. He's pretty over with the Japanese crowd, and is definitely headed places now that he's paid his dues.

Wasn't saying he was a failure, just thought it was funny. He actually did impress me in that match. Dude's pretty good, he was good in NXT too. He just had a shitty somewhat outdated hippie gimmick.

I'd say Naito/Tana>Takahashi/KUSHIDA>Goto/Shibata but it's really tough to say which one was better. Cole vs O'Reilly suffered because they only had about 10 minutes, they couldn't have put on an amazing match with the time they had. Plus, they're in Japan so most people didn't really care about that match, from what I heard a lot of people used it as a piss break, actually.

Just finsished watching WK11. Thought the undercard was really underwhelming and had too many damn title changes, but the last 3 matches were straight fire. MOTY already locked up with Okada vs Omega. However, I do think that match could've been cut by 10-15 minutes because the beginning was too slow.

And no, I didnt include the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight match because I thought it sucked. Hiromu Takahashi is *censored*ing awful. As long as he's champion, I'll be skipping whatever matches he has.

Despite, all that, the late half of Omega vs Okada. Good god. GOAT type shit there.

What a show, Wrestle KIngdom lived up to the hype once again.

As i hoped for, clean sweep for LIJ. :D

I was so invested in that Jr. Heavyweight match, the most i've been invested in a match in years! I was screaming at my TV for Hiromu not to tap when he was in that longass Hoverboard Lock. :lol:

Hiroma Takahashi skyrocketed up my current favorite wrestlers list with that performance, right behind Naito. I liked him as Kamaitachi but as the Ticking Time Bomb he is something else.

What an awesome wrestler he has turned into over the last several years away from NJPW. Now he has added a *censored*ing dope persona with tons of charisma. Pretty much the complete package now.

I had some doubt if NJPW could recover after losing a big chunk of their talent last year but WK11 proved they might be even in a better position now.

Now i'm ready for tomorrows New Years Dash. Crazy shit always happens duing that show to set up the rest of the year.

Wow I'm in the complete opposite lol

Just finsished watching WK11. Thought the undercard was really underwhelming and had too many damn title changes, but the last 3 matches were straight fire. MOTY already locked up with Okada vs Omega. However, I do think that match could've been cut by 10-15 minutes because the beginning was too slow.

I feel like they had to start slow cause they were following Naito vs Tanahashi which was also a great match, I enoyed the slow build.

And no, I didnt include the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight match because I thought it sucked. Hiromu Takahashi is *censored*ing awful. As long as he's champion, I'll be skipping whatever matches he has.

You can't be serious. What is so *censored*ing awful about him? Come on, make my day.

Tbh, the USA shows will probably suck. Will be a crowd of mostly Americans, I'd assume...and they will probably treat it like American wrestling and be obnoxious turd nuggets. But there is a healthy Asian culture on the West coast...so maybe not.

Is your instant setting to shit on EVERYTHING or just somethings?

You can't be serious. What is so *censored*ing awful about him? Come on, make my day.

He's cringey asf to me and he was botching all over the place. I think his look his horrible too. The stupid ads red dyed hair and the furry boots. :lol: From an in ring standpoint, I don't think his offense is fluid at all. The first time I ever saw him was in ROH when he was aligned with Daniels & Kaz. Instant go away heat from me.

I groaned when I found out he was repacked and brought back to NJPW. He didn't change my stance at all really in the Jr. Heavyweight Title match. Sure, it had some cool spots, but I thought the match sucked.

He's your favorite? Fine. I don't care. But I think he's lame. Care to continue or you gonna throw links at me of his great matches? I don't really care.

He's cringey asf to me and he was botching all over the place. I think his look his horrible too. The stupid ads red dyed hair and the furry boots. :lol: From an in ring standpoint, I don't think his offense is fluid at all. The first time I ever saw him was in ROH when he was aligned with Daniels & Kaz. Instant go away heat from me.

I groaned when I found out he was repacked and brought back to NJPW. He didn't change my stance at all really in the Jr. Heavyweight Title match. Sure, it had some cool spots, but I thought the match sucked.

He's your favorite? Fine. I don't care. But I think he's lame. Care to continue or you gonna throw links at me of his great matches? I don't really care.

His look is very anime villianish.

Archived