King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Noooo.

Jay White has defeated Kota Ibushi for his briefcase. He will now challenge Naito for the IWGP Heavyweight & IC titles at Wrestle Kingdom. What the *Censored*?

Also, Ospreay has challenged Okada at WK as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So...I'm not entirely enthused for this Wrestle Kingdom card. But...I'm sure it will be a great show as always.

I'll probably try to watch live, since I don't have anywhere to be tomorrow or the following day. 

Hopefully there will be some big surprise that none of us see coming...like a major debut or something.

Guest Fight Me.

I'm surprised it's a two night event again given the circumstances, but I will tune in either way. I was hoping for a surprise Mox appearance so he could just drop the title real quick to KENTA. Poor dude's been carrying that briefcase for like a year. But given AEW's advertising his big return this Wednesday, probably not. Unless it's a swerve to throw us off, which would be cool.

I know it won't happen. But, how poetic would it be for Kenny to return at the end of Night 2 and challenge/attack Ibushi?

^^ NIGHT ONE Spoiler ^^

Anyway...rest of this show really didn't do it for me. I hope night 2 is more engaging. Something about the whole thing just felt like a chore to watch, personally. I was going to watch live last night/this morning, but it was dragging. And when I watched this afternoon, I ended up skipping some parts...which I don't normally do. Just a sign of the times, I guess. Roster is kinda thin these days.

Guest Fight Me.

Crowd not being allowed to cheer killed it for me, but I completely understand why. Still, very happy with the results. :D

Jay White winning on night two would definitely ruin 2021 for me already lol

Guest Fight Me.
2 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Also how funny is it there is a Stardom showcase tomorrow and Bea isn't on it.

Will it actually air this year? I know Hana worked the dark match last year before the preshow. Would be great if they ever released that footage, it had to be one of the biggest moments of her career to work the Tokyo Dome.

Guest Fight Me.

Night two was much better. And it's weird to say, I miss the crowd being able to at least gasp. :lol:

I wish they had some interactive thing they could've done to boo the heels. It felt very awkward when they were trying to get heat. Not their fault, everyone gave it their all given the circumstances. Loved seeing a crowd again. :D

Guest Fight Me.
2 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Hide contents

Sooooooooo Jay White is WWE bound right?

Honestly, I might like him more in WWE. He doesn't do it for me in New Japan. Ibushi/Naito was my main event.

He's NJPW's biggest gaijin rn and Gedo is his manager so I doubt he'd jump ship just like that. But also I'm afraid if he goes to WWE, or even AEW. And it's not the first time a top BC gaijin left the company after WK so Idk lol.

I think he might leave Bullet Club though, if anything.

Archived