King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but it shouldn't be considered the end all-be all.

I don't think anyone sees it that way...but it still worms its way into your psyche.

It's honestly impossible to just ignore.

Believe it or not, Gen(if it's okay to call you that), some people take Meltzer's word as gold.

And I know that it's hard to ignore, and honestly, it disgraceful that one person's opinion can cause such an uproar.

Was listening to Wrestling Observer and had no idea they were coming to Atlanta. Just bought tickets for the show even though I think the lineup sucks. But Ive never heard of NJPW coming to Atlanta and I dont know when Ill get the chance, if ever, theyll be back.

I heard theyll have a simultaneous show going on in Japan. At the very least I wish we got Okada, Ospreay or Naito, hell, give me Jay White. But Ibushi and Tanahashi is there so Ill take it.

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/67203?showCards=1

Guest Fight Me.

It also doesn't help they just lost the AXS TV deal over here cause they didn't wanna partner with Impact. :lol: Not that I think there's many people that watched there over NJPW World anyway.

I think NJPW should just not bother with the US market.

Make it as easy as possible for people in the US to sign up for NJPW World accounts...but, don't bother with the domestic shows here. The market sadly doesn't exist for it. There might be a lot of NJPW fans here in the US...but, they aren't all going to make it to every one of those shows. So, it doesn't make sense. And the same goes for television deals, really. No need for them. NJPW World is awesome. So, just focus on improving that. And if they want to get some stateside publicity here or there, I think all they truly need is to send one or two big names to appear on another promotion. Stuff like Liger on NXT...or Suzuki on Bloodsport goes a long way.

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm Ibushi was not there last night. Hopefully he can perform on other dates on this US tour.

Heard he pulled out because whatever illness he got.. so bummed. Him and Tanahashi are the only reasons I bought tickets.

How was the Tampa show?

Guest Fight Me.

Was watching a bit of Beginning in Sapporo today and saw Moxley wearing an eye patch. Is that a legit injury he suffered recently?

Storyline injury for his angle with Jericho.

Man I remember when I came in here about a year ago and saw all this rave about Shingo, had never seen a match of his before so I was skeptical because of the hype. Not sure if it was the Ospreay match I watched first, but Ive been in love with this dude ever since. For real, hes the best and I look forward to everything hes in.

Need Ishio vs Shingo for the title injected straight into my veins ASAP!!!

I've bought three of the same Liger figure at this point...(well, you know...different colors). :lol:

I'm not a "wrestling figure guy" at all. I really need the presentation to be special...but I love the Storm Collectibles Liger figure so much that I've bought all three variations of it; The original red and white one, the black one...and now I just dropped a hundred bucks to import the blue exclusive from Nauts. Shit is getting out of hand. I kinda hope they're done making variants of it.

Oh shit...the blue one is limited to 300 pieces. Yeah...it was worth it. Lmao.

Archived