King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

I just wanna know who Suzuki is gonna face for his G1 spot

Also SZJ is defending the RevPro title against Yoshi Hashi on the 25th, and Yoshi says that if he wins he also takes SZJ's G1 spot

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Kenny Omega was one of the top names in NJPW for a reason. He helped the company achieve a lot of attention on a world stage, but he is now with AEW now and NJPW has seemed to move on in a big way.

During the G1 press conference in Dallas, Dave Meltzer asked Kota Ibushi if he had seen the Kenny Omega documentary during a one-on-one interview. Just mentioning Omegas name in a room filled with NJPW stars caused a hush to fill the room.

Meltzer continued to explain on Wrestling Observer Radio how this relationship between The Cleaner and New Japan has not gotten any better at all. In fact, it is still quite broken.

I was just asking about the [Kenny Omega] documentary and [ibushi] hadnt seen the documentary, but yeah, the relationship is fractured, broken. I hope its fixed for the good of the industry and for the good of everyone involved because I would hate to see Omega and Ibushi never wrestle again or never team again because theyre an incredible team, but right now [ibushi] hasnt seen the documentary even.

Kenny Omega is allowed to wrestle for NJPW while under AEW contract. Other than Jon Moxley and Chris Jericho, Omega is the only other AEW star who is granted that privilege. However, it doesnt seem like it will be happening any time soon.

NJPW was said to have been very shocked by Kenny Omegas announcement that he was leaving to join AEW. At this time things have not been repaired. You can never say never in pro wrestling, but things dont seem too positive right now.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/07/06/kenny-omegas-relationship-with-new-japan-is-still-fractured/

Top 10 Anime Betrayals ???

Guest Fight Me.

NJPW coming to Hammerstein Ballroom and 2300/ECW Arena later in the year. ???

Lance Archer's new look is sick. Shame Davey Boy Smith ditched him for MLW.

Guest Fight Me.

Referee Tiger Hattori is retiring at one of those announced shows, I forget which one.

Goddamn, Archer/Ospreay was bananas. They fought for that win lol

Gonna stop here 2 hrs in for now and finish in the morning. Halfway through my recording, though I wouldn't be surprised if this went overtime. If so, I hope it's on New Japan World by morning. :lol:

Guest Fight Me.

KENTA is *censored*ing back. Felt so good to see him kick the shit outta someone again.

https://twitter.com/ForkedPgh/status/1147873097929936898?s=19

Good thread on KENTA/Ibushi.

Okada/Tanahashi always good.

What a dumb question to end the Okada post-show conference on. Some reporter asked if tonight's show was a message to Okada's former employers (Impact) for them not pushing him when he was there. And I guess since they're running in Texas this weekend too. They cut away and ended it as soon as Okada name dropped TNA by name before he even got to answer it. :lol:

AEW can block New Japan from using Jon Moxley in the states, but that won't stop them from advertising his next appearance. :lol:

Nice, looks like there's another AXS show next week. Can't wait.

Just realized maybe AXS called for them to cut away from that TNA question with the rumors now that Impact could be moving to AXS TV too lol

Guest Fight Me.

They dubbed over Will Ospreay's theme? Bullshit

Not on AXS TV. :P

Yeah, they've been having issues recently with themes. They didn't even get Jericho's last time, Jericho afterwards said he would've let them use Judas for free if he had known lol

Guest Fight Me.

Need to check out KENTA/Tanahashi when I get home!!

Turns out KENTA/Tana is tomorrow, but today they did face in a 6 man teaming with young lions. KENTA teamed with Shibata's students from the LA Dojo, one was awkward af and the other looked like he has a lot of potential.

Love that Moxley brought back the Regal Knee Lift lol

Can't tell if Mox is just good at acting pissed off or if Taichi really did piss him off. :lol:

Toru Yano's upsets in the G1 are the best every year lmao

Goto looked better than ever in that main event against Jay White.

Archived