King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

Call it the focus then, and I'm not sure if it should be expected. And even if it is, I'm still not a fan of it. I think the cards should feel like New Japan cards rather than ROH with a few Japanese guys. I mean there's guys like Tanahashi and Naito in random tag matches (I know Hiroshi's made some sense storyline-wise, but I still see it as another stable tag). Let me suggest this - I see no reason why Okada/Tanahashi from Destruction in Kobe couldn't have happened at this show instead.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Liger

-Taguchi

-Sho and Yoh

-Goto

-Naito

-Sanada

-EVIL

-Gedo

-Tanahashi

-Kushida

-Ibushi

-Okada

-Ishii

Who else do you really want/expect to see? Hiromu is injured. Shibata is injured. Honma is injured.

You want Taichi, Iizuka, Yoshi-Hashi, and Toru Yano? Because...I *censored*ing don't. :lol:

Only dude I would have liked added to that card is Suzuki.

-Liger

-Taguchi

-Sho and Yoh

-Goto

-Naito

-Sanada

-EVIL

-Gedo

-Tanahashi

-Kushida

-Ibushi

-Okada

-Ishii

Who else do you really want/expect to see? Hiromu is injured. Shibata is injured. Honma is injured.

You want Taichi, Iizuka, Yoshi-Hashi, and Toru Yano? Because...I *censored*ing don't. :lol:

Only dude I would have liked added to that card is Suzuki.

And most of those guys were in unimportant tag matches.

BCOG's getting some real fire power now.

Not familiar with Robbie Eagles, but Jay White and Gedo are huge gets. Jay White 'bout to be the BCOG ace. Saw someone on reddit theorise that this whole thing might force Omega, Okada, Naito and Tanahashi to team up Avengers style. That could be huge if they do it right.

Guest Fight Me.

I heard Jado joined too, tho that's to be expected with Gedo lol.

Also, looks like everyone was right about Shingo joining LIJ. Nice.

Guest Fight Me.

Hearing a lot of things about talent being unhappy with new management. A number of people who the wrestlers liked working with are gone and have been replaced by people who don't really have any experience in wrestling. Apparently the Bullet Club Elite's feelings about staying may have changed, as well as a number of other talents.

May be related, may not, but Don Callis is gone now to focus full-time on Impact. His replacement may be Lanny Poffo apparently.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah same, didn't think anyone would be able to replace Steve Corino but he grew on me quickly. I think many look down on their comedy style of commentary, but I love it personally.

Guest Fight Me.

BC Elite keep promoting their new, final Bullet Club Style T-Shirts. Either they are moving away from the logo for real this time or they're just moving away from the Bullet Club name and letting the OGs have it.

Or they're just trolling and adding to the speculation that they're signing soon.

Archived