King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Surprised the Long Beach show is streaming on New Japan World instead of AXS TV tonight.

It's time!

Anybody else watching?

Not on AXS TV and still got JR's ass out here. ?

Damn, a number of empty seats. Guess that's what happens when you announce a card just a few days ago I think lol.

Bout time outside the lucha world that they put respeck on my mans Jeff Cobb's name.

Hate having 2 play by play commentators, I need my funny color commentator lol.

https://twitter.com/DK1105/status/1046564953598177280?s=19

Well, look who it is lol. Mauro is there as well, hence the Mamma Mia chants during intermission.

Weird finish to Juice/Cody.

They did the Double Small Package deal where both guys' shoulders were down, but they just straight up gave it to Cody. Weird.

What a main event.

Crazy Heavyweight title match made for next week!

Kenny vs. Kota vs. Cody.

Glad I'm not the only one who had no idea there was a US show.

Anyway, standard NJPW event. I'm getting kind of burnt out on them, tbh.

I'm cool with Cody being US champ now...but I'm getting burnt out on Cody too, tbh. I'm not expecting 5, 6, 7 star matches from NJPW like most people do...but I feel like the storytelling has been especially weak lately. I'm just not feeling a huge attraction to anything in particular.

The cards on these US shows are getting worse as each one comes. I'm aware that there's only been four, but there was at least some hype with the last three. The cards have way too many American wrestlers on them too.

In all honesty, I haven't watched this one at all, but that's cos I don't really care about it.

The cards on these US shows are getting worse as each one comes. I'm aware that there's only been three, but there was at least some hype with the last two. The cards have way too many American wrestlers on them too.

I mean...this one had a lot of the Japanese guys on it. There was no real shortage of the Japanese talents on Fighting Spirit. But they definitely focus more on the English-speaking guys. Which is to be expected...

Guest Fight Me.

I think it may just be more of a visa issue than anything. It's just easier to bring over a bunch of ROH guys and just bust out the big guns like Okada, Naito and Tanahashi.

Archived