King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man i hope they don't screw him over but WWE's history with foreign stars isnt too great.

Especially little guys. He'll probably either get the Cruiserweight title (eventually), or he'll get nothing.

Sad but true.

Agreed. He'll be treated like Itami/KENTA.

With KUSHIDA leaving, I wonder if this means Kawoto is coming back soon?

New Beginning:

SWITCHBLADE CHAMPION!!!

In Japan everything right

aslong as the champ is White

It's amazing how New Japan was able to put Switchblade in a position to become the new international face of the company, just in case Omega decided to leave

New Beginning:

SWITCHBLADE CHAMPION!!!

In Japan everything right

aslong as the champ is White

It's amazing how New Japan was able to put Switchblade in a position to become the new international face of the company, just in case Omega decided to leave

A great day for Jay White Supremacists all around the world.

Guest Fight Me.

Show is unavailable to watch for some reason on NJPW World.

Guess I gotta watch each match individually uploaded. Annoying but whatever lol

I don't understand the Jay White push. I really don't think the guy is all that good. All the matches of his I've seen have been fairly...meh.

I hear they needed someone to take Omega's spot as top gaijin. Plus, Jay seems to be pro-New Japan all the way and I doubt he has any aspirations to leave for WWE someday. He's improved a lot in the last year, I admit. He's not at that level yet, but I guess you can argue neither was Okada from what I understand when he first won the title many years ago. I guess they think by putting him in the big dance, he'll just improve at a faster rate. Plus, I think the New Japan audience has taken to him in his last year or so and see him as a top player already.

Watching the first match now. Happy to hear Don Callis is still doing the big shows while still doing boss stuff at Impact lol

Minoru Suzuki looks nicer with a mohawk than I would've suspected.

Guest Fight Me.

I hope we see Iizuka and Tenzan reunite before Iizuka hangs it up at the end of the month.

Sucks they've got nothing for Evil and Sanada, they had to defend the titles against damn young boys. :lol:

I hate that they keep trying to feud Naito and Taichi. Mainly cause I don't like Taichi lol

Roppongi 3K heel turn or are they just edgy now? Lol

Guest Fight Me.

Always good to see Honma back. Surprised by some of the moves he's still willing to do and take...especially that Package Piledriver at the end. Sheesh.

KOTA. ???

Surprised but kinda not at the same time that Kota hasn't left for AEW.

Surprised it took Don Callis this long to mention Ishimori is a former X-Division champion lol

Archived