King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

If the entire Elite is gone gone from New Japan, I'm surprised there was no send off at New Year's Dash for any of them. Guess new management doesn't give a *Censored* about that.

Guest Fight Me.

WHAT?

Wow, that might be more shocking.

Just read about Okada and Naito's deals coming up at the end of the month too. Idk while they may be unhappy with new management, I just don't see any of them leaving.

Guest Fight Me.

Iizuka, the crazy guy from Suzukigun with the glove, is retiring. Thought his reappearance at New Year Dash was random, but perhaps that was his sendoff.

WHAT?

Wow, that might be more shocking.

Just read about Okada and Naito's deals coming up at the end of the month too. Idk while they may be unhappy with new management, I just don't see any of them leaving.

Didn't Natio turn down WWE in favor of NJPW.

Naito has stated several times that he is not interested in WWE at all, and I felt that was well conveyed in his feud with Jericho, where he kept mocking him for being an international superstar.

Okada is loyal to New Japan as well, they havent built him up just to let him slip away.

The roster feels kinda' thin right now with not many Japanese guys coming up through the ranks. I guess the biggest news out of New Years Dash was that Yujiro and Chase Owens are back in Bullet Club. After WK13 I think we all assumed that it would be Jay White chasing the IWGP Title

Yeah the one he murdered Ibushi with at the end. Holy shit ive never seen or heard anything like that before

Yeah. He's used that a few times. He actually gave the move a name today: "The Hidden Blade." A possible Assassin's Creed referance.

The roster feels kinda' thin right now with not many Japanese guys coming up through the ranks. I guess the biggest news out of New Years Dash was that Yujiro and Chase Owens are back in Bullet Club. After WK13 I think we all assumed that it would be Jay White chasing the IWGP Title

Agreed. It feels like they're going through a bit of a transition period.

Kenny was always going to end up in WWE. Even if he goes to AEW first, he will be in WWE at some point. I'm sure of it.

And as for NJPW in general...I don't know how they're gonna hold up with all that's going on. Kushida was more of a shock than anything else. I mean...they've still got a handful of guys that I'm interested in. Suzuki, Juice, Bulldog, Naito, Switchblade, Okada, Ibushi...but, I guess that's about it. Ibushi is out of action for a while. And then you've got guys like Shibata and Takahashi who our still out of action. It's just a mess. It's going to be the Tanahashi and Okada show for a while. They need to sign some new people. They need to make some moves.

As long as he shaves that godawful bleached goatee, then I am all for it.

Rumors circulating that Omega has chosen AEW over WWE. If true, not surprised. Happy for him!

Honestly I am not surprised. It makes a lot of sense. He is a Japanese citizen and is unlikely to leave Japan. I imagine that his commitments with AEW will allow him to stay in Japan for the majority of the time. I only see Omega becoming a big event/PPV attraction with a very limited schedule.

But if he's left NJPW, he surely wouldn't be in Japan? Regardless of it's WWE or AEW he signs with.

He's a Japanese citizen and lives there. And who knows? Maybe the AEW contracts allow him to work for the Japanese indies again

Archived