King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bold move for literally all the titles to change hands

hands were kinda tied with the lack of commitments. plus they probably need to reset because they lost a shitload of steam the past year

Just finished WK 13. Very very good show with my fav matches being Will/Kota, Jericho/Naito and Tanahashi/Omega. Ospreay is nuts and man he murdered the *Censored* out of Ibushi at the end. Its lovely to see Jericho still putting on fantastic matches even if i question his attire choices lol. And Tana/Omega was everything i knew it would be. Good stuff

i was saying it felt like i havent seen Okada in a long time. Big Pants Okada wasnt a real person.

it makes all the sense in the world for Kenny to pull the trigger now. wrestle a style thats easier on his body, have the matches he has been talking about having every time he is in an interview, and do gaming stuff with Xavier. but im sure he would also love to be a part of something new as well. im not mad at him wherever he goes, as long as he doesnt stay. he has done it all in New Japan.

Kenny's contract expires on the 31st apparently, which is four days after the Rumble. So if there's a loophole around that, it's up to Kenny at this point because WWE made him another big offer. https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1081576010053808132?s=19

I swear to god this exact same situation happened last year.

So what's the general consensus on Wrestle Kingdom? It was great live but then again I can't say I remember too much of it cos of chatting/drinking/general fangirling over being there. A lot of the matches felt really short, which after checking the times of each match, is true. Best matches for me were Ibushi/Ospreay, Ishii/ZSJ, Jericho/Naito and Omega/Tanahashi.

EDIT: Also, before the show, I may have literally bumped into Dave Meltzer. Either that or a lookalike :lol:

Zack and Stone pupper always have great matches and an insane ability to tell a different story each time. But then again, when is Ishii not enjoyable?

I don't Ishii can have a bad match. My favorite Ishii match was him vs Makabe with the NEVER Openweight Title on the line.

did anybody else feel like the ZSJ/Ishii match was one sided

I felt he tapped waaaaay too fast. Like the match felt hella short and i didnt think he was worked over enough to tap like that.

Also is that ridiculous Boma ye elbow Ospreay did a new thing cause holy shit that is an awesome, and scary, move.

did anybody else feel like the ZSJ/Ishii match was one sided

I felt he tapped waaaaay too fast. Like the match felt hella short and i didnt think he was worked over enough to tap like that.

Also is that ridiculous Boma ye elbow Ospreay did a new thing cause holy shit that is an awesome, and scary, move.

You mean the one where he takes his elbow pad off before he hits it? That's move is pretty cool! I think he called it "Off With Their Head." I think he picked it up from Oleg The Usuper from Chikara

Archived