King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

Naito pretty much loss at WK for the sake of Omega winning the belt at Dominion, and it makes no sense because I think Naito is insanely more popular than Kenny is in Japan. At this point, it just seems like Omega's the champion in order to appeal more to a different fan base. It doesn't even feel like Omega is IWGP Champion.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been much of a fan of Tanahashi; I knew he was the Ace and the guy who pretty much single-handedly brought New Japan out of near death, but I never really 'got him' (the air guitar is just lame ok). That is, until the finals of the G1 this year against Ibushi. I was pulling for Ibushi but when he lost, I was totally cool with it. His redemption storyline has really won me over, especially with the match against Okada at Destruction in Kobe, and coupled with going off Omega, I think I'm supporting Tanahashi at WK. Didn't think I'd be saying that, even when the G1 was going on.

Also I fully expect Tanahashi to win.

Tanahashi is the ultimate babyface. He's affiliated with the fans.

And Taguchi Japan, ofcourse.

Seriously though. Babyfaces are basically a faction on their own. usually refered to as "Seki-gun". although that technically doesn't exclude heels.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Listening to Jericho's preview for WK13 on his poscast. Didn't know they dropped the preshow rumble in favor of a trios gauntlet match. Sounds awesome.

Listening to Jericho's preview for WK13 on his poscast. Didn't know they dropped the preshow rumble in favor of a trios gauntlet match. Sounds awesome.

I know it's a dumb reason, But I kinda hoped they'd let Cheeseburger win the New Japan Rumble this year. Trios Gauntlet is always just a crazy insane fun mess which I love as well. But I want that burger fix!

It was house cleaning and there was no way around that, I get it. But everything felt short and stuttered, some of that was not their fault, But TONS of it was, and this is coming from a big fan of New Japan.

So many changes, Not just titles but looks and feels of wrestlers. so many it almost didn't seem like the same fed ormake any of the changes really feel that special .Also next year maybe not put the crowd so far away. I don't know , I feel guilty for being so negative about the show. My wife seemed fine with it [A LIJ sweep helped with that a bit lol]

And I like the Ace, but is this really the role he needs to be in? wasn't he doing Opening multi man taguchi japan matches not that long ago? But to be fair, with this Omega Situation what other choices did they really have? I can't book something better in my mind. Because the only other guy I would have picked isn't under contract

Oh well a new day is dawning and I doubt this is the start to the Tanahashi Era as they claim. One show like this won't kill me off as a fan, but I hope they dont make these kind of things habit.

How long does the recording take to go up on fite.tv for instance? I went to bed totally forgetting WK13 was today so i just got up an ordered it now. Hoping the on demand recording is seperate from the HD replay tomorrow, i can not wait that long and avoid everything.

Archived