King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I blame Naito. Look how Balor, Anderson and Gallows have been reduced too. The only reason WWE would want Naito is to eliminate a threat to them.

Or because some people on their roster think and know he's awesome

True, but honestly, WWE has done this before: Sign someone away from whatever company to eliminate a threat.

Good on Naito to stay loyal to NJPW

Yes, Naito has had a rough year following his WK12 loss, but it is becoming somewhat clear that Naito is filling the Nakamura role in the main event scene. He will probably elevate the Intercontinental championship time and time again. This is, in itself, cruel irony seeing that this is the championship that took away his main event spot at WK8.

And now it might very well end up defining him... Or he defines it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

AXS sent out the following press release:

Los Angeles (Nov. 21, 2018) AXS TV ushers in a new era of its NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING (NJPW) coverage with real-time same-week coverage of the promotions biggest events in 2019. The new schedule kicks off with a same-day near-live two-hour broadcast of NJPWs biggest event of the year, Wrestle Kingdom 13, on Friday, Jan. 4 at 8pE/5pP.

The Wrestle Kingdom special is headlined by IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi and IWGP Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito, and will feature the network debut of the NJPW commentary team of Kevin Kelly and Don Callis.

Same-day coverage of NJPWs Wrestle Kingdom 13 ushers in a new era of NJPW on AXS TV, said AXS TV FIGHTS CEO Andrew Simon. Based on the tremendous growth of NJPW on AXS TV, we are making major changes to reward wrestling fans by delivering NJPW in primetime on Friday nights as close to when it takes place as possible.

AXS TV produces the English language version of NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING in association with TV ASAHI CORPORATION, the distributor of NJPW.

AXS TVs upcoming NJPW schedule is as follows (subject to change):

Jan. 4 Wrestle Kingdom 13 (2 hours)

Jan. 11 Wrestle Kingdom 13 (2 hours)

Jan. 18 Wrestle Kingdom 13

Jan. 25 New Year Dash

Feb. 1 New Year Dash

Feb. 8 New Beginning in Sapporo

Feb. 15 New Beginning in Sapporo

Feb. 22 New Beginning in Sapporo

http://pwunlimited.net/axs-tv-to-air-wrestlekingdom-13-say-day-it-airs-live/

Wow, that's a big deal.

AXS sent out the following press release:

[Qoute]Los Angeles (Nov. 21, 2018) AXS TV ushers in a new era of its NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING (NJPW) coverage with real-time same-week coverage of the promotions biggest events in 2019. The new schedule kicks off with a same-day near-live two-hour broadcast of NJPWs biggest event of the year, Wrestle Kingdom 13, on Friday, Jan. 4 at 8pE/5pP.

The Wrestle Kingdom special is headlined by IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi and IWGP Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito, and will feature the network debut of the NJPW commentary team of Kevin Kelly and Don Callis.

Same-day coverage of NJPWs Wrestle Kingdom 13 ushers in a new era of NJPW on AXS TV, said AXS TV FIGHTS CEO Andrew Simon. Based on the tremendous growth of NJPW on AXS TV, we are making major changes to reward wrestling fans by delivering NJPW in primetime on Friday nights as close to when it takes place as possible.

AXS TV produces the English language version of NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING in association with TV ASAHI CORPORATION, the distributor of NJPW.

AXS TVs upcoming NJPW schedule is as follows (subject to change):

Jan. 4 Wrestle Kingdom 13 (2 hours)

Jan. 11 Wrestle Kingdom 13 (2 hours)

Jan. 18 Wrestle Kingdom 13

Jan. 25 New Year Dash

Feb. 1 New Year Dash

Feb. 8 New Beginning in Sapporo

Feb. 15 New Beginning in Sapporo

Feb. 22 New Beginning in Sapporo

http://pwunlimited.net/axs-tv-to-air-wrestlekingdom-13-say-day-it-airs-live/

Wow, that's a big deal.

Holy smokes. That's some major news.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really not a fan of this Naito/Jericho match and I don't really want to see either be IC champ at this point. It'd be cool to see Jericho retain and face other guys. but then I remember he'd only wrestle two more times max this year (and one of those times will be against Naito).

Anyone thinks it's funny that Naito hated the IC-title and what it stood for and now he's basically the IC-guy who is popular but is not going to be the world champ?

Or is that just me who thinks that's a thing?

Kinda feel like if Omega wasn't a thing Naito would be a more massive player

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/hiromu-inside-you.html

What the actual *Censored* is this shirt hahaha.

Guest Fight Me.

Speaking of which, Omega-Okada just won Tokyo Sports' MOTY Award for the second year in a row. And is now up on NJPWWorld for free for ya'll not signed up for that smh.

And yeah, Naito losing earlier this year hurt my heart. :(

Archived