King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

"According to NJPW, Takahashi is in a state that can sit and talk with consciousness which sounds like a step in the right direction while undergoing examinations.

No additional information was given, but well report back"

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/njpw-update-hiromu-takahashi/#.W0MYAnNlCdM

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't really hang much with Omega and the Bucks, so he was never really featured in Being The Elite. He and the tongans kinda fell into the background in this Omega/Cody rivalry and he was always vocal about how it was bullshit. #FTE is his hastag lol.

As noted from the story earlier today, the Jim Ross/Josh Barnett stuff with Jay White and Juice Robinson was not a work. Ross suffered a rib injury. Barnett just reacted to what was happening. Ross was upset, besides being injured, because the night before he had spoken to officials about fighting outside the ring and near the announcers desk.

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-ric-flair-undergoes-successful-surgery-jr-rousey-261111

Still hope they run with it and do Barnett vs White after the G1, would be awesome. Great instincts from Barnett to do what he did, if true.

To me it is really unclear whether Barnett came off as a hothead or as someone who was trying to direct traffic in an unusual situation. I interpreted it as him trying to get White some heel heat while effectively giving JR some time to recuperate.

Great instincts to be unprofessional and effectively attack someone over an accident?

Who did he attack?

To me it is really unclear whether Barnett came off as a hothead or as someone who was trying to direct traffic in an unusual situation. I interpreted it as him trying to get White some heel heat while effectively giving JR some time to recuperate.

That's how I saw it as well. I compare it to Don Callis going in the ring when Jericho was attacking Omega, except apparently this was unplanned, and Josh Barnett is a legit badass, not a whimp like Callis.

If you chase someone while acting emotionally, that is attacking. You do not have to get physical with someone to attack them, hence why I said "effectively". He could have done what he did by simply standing up, cursing at Jay White and standing in the way of him and White. That would have done the same thing and churned out the same result of gaining White heel heat and making the best of a bad situation. Instead he acted unprofessionally and chased after White. He absolutely not need to do that. I'm not saying he should be punished, but he shouldn't have gone that far. It's a work environment after all and no I don't mean the situation was a work before you come back with a snide, blunt and rhetorical question like you always do.

If I was angry and chased someone down the street, that someone would go to the police and tell them they were attacked. Whether it was physical or not. It was still in that ballpark. It's been the *censored*ing same for centuries and has nothing to do with the 'world going soft' or whatever other cliche nonsense you wanna spout. Grow up, you know exactly what I mean.

Barnett getting heat on White was good, but he didn't really need to chase that dude over ringside did he? It was unprofessional and I'd call you out for never working in any sort of company if you think what he did or what he was intending to do to another employee was okay. It might work out in the long run and I never said Barnett should be punished, but it being unprofessional should be recognised and talked about as being so. White could have taken advantage and got himself heat from it in another way. Hell he didn't even check if JR was okay at first he just sat there and cursed at Jay White before going after him. It was kinda pathetic tbh. :lol:

But if it creates something in the long run, then fair enough.

They finally added Okada vs Suzuki at the 30th anniversary show...and it's free.

Ugh...the women/little kids in the front row of the Suzuki/Okada match are ruining it for me. Just a never-ending assault on my ears of high-pitch squeaking. They don't stop making noise for even a fraction of a second. Sounds like an aviary.

Archived