King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White's tights sort of remind me of beniots, and NJPW has not dissapointed at all.

And is Cody suppose to be Vegeta, as his attire sort of reminds me of that.

My mistake, Cody's attire is suppose to be that of an greek or roman emperor, the intro. The only thing that was missing was a wreath around his head. Also no cool intro attire for Omega.

All of these big match-ups that Cody has always end up falling flat. I'm not too sure if Cody is somewhat of an average wrestler all-around, or if almost everyone else around him is just that good in comparison. Cody's match against Ibushi at WK still stands as his best match NJPW so far.

So i'm guessing losing the title has caused a mental break down for Okada? Interesting story to go with, i like it

It's like he's going to rebuild himself up again and is back to somewhat of a basic look for the time being.

According to WOR Hiromu suffered a broken neck last night after the Phoenix Plex spot. :(

Guest Fight Me.

What a crazy ass ending lol. But again, Cody fails to bring it whenever put in the main event.

Well...all I wanted to do was come home and watch this, and NJPW has *censored*ed me again with their content restrictions. I don't have AXS tv. I thought I could watch this on NJPW World, since I *censored*ing pay for it...but, nope. Can't watch the US show, even though my region is US...because, AXS needs the views or whatever garbage it is. *Censored* me.

They add the AXS TV specials the morning after, it's up now lol.

Kenny vs Cody was good...up to the botched table spot that knocked Cody the *Censored* out. It should be obvious that he was out on his feet after that...and a valiant effort was made by everyone from Kenny, the Bucks, Brandi (literally everyone) to put together a solid ending after that...which they succeeded in doing. So, I think it was a big success. I don't really get the "Cody puts on sub-par matches" rhetoric.

You know what's kind of weird...

That table spot might have actually been worse if the table broke. Cody came down at a pretty harsh angle. If the table broke, he would have continued at that angle. Instead, he hit the back of his head and the table flew out from under him. A little more rotation (ie through a broken table), and he may have broke his neck as well.

Archived