King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoiler tags regarding Dominion just to be sure:

So when do we see Omega losing his IWGP heavyweight championship? Depending on the G1, I could personally see it happening as early as KOPW to Kazuchika Okada. There's almost no way Okada won't main event WK13 as either champion or challenger.

The G1 stands between Okada and Naito as far as I am concerned.

At this point I'm convinced Okada and Omega can spit on a sidewalk and Melter would say at least a 4 star match.

So you're saying there matches haven't been good?

No I'm saying Meltzer over hypes the Omega Okada matches way higher than what they actually are.

At this point I'm convinced Okada and Omega can spit on a sidewalk and Melter would say at least a 4 star match.

No I'm saying Meltzer over hypes the Omega Okada matches way higher than what they actually are.
Well...It's his opinion. But saying they could spit on sidewalks and still recieve praise from him is silly.

Except almost everyone who rates matches rates them as highly as they could, it's the highest rated match ever in cagematch and most of the people who reviewed it for the Observer said it's the greatest match they've ever seen. All that before Meltzer gave it 7 stars.

I know it's the best match I've ever seen. I posted that here before I even knew if Meltzer liked it, crazy right?

New Japan Pro Wrestling announced the following field of competiton for the 2018 G-1 Climax tournament today:

BLOCK A will feature EVIL, Bad Luck Fale, Michael Elgin, Togi Makabe, Kazuchika Okada, Adam "Hangman" Page, Minoru Suzuki, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jay White and YOSHI-HASHI.

BLOCK B will feature Hirooki Goto, Kota Ibushi, Tomohiro Ishii, Tetsuya Naito, IWGP Champion Kenny Omega, Juice Robinson, Zack Sabre Jr., SANADA, Tama Tonga, and Toru Yano.

What that means is that at some point during BLOCK B, Omega will have to face his Golden Lovers partner Kota Ibushi.

The tournament begins on 7/14 and will conclude on 8/12. The Block competiton will see everyone face all other competitors in their block. Those winning the most points advances to the final to face the top point-getting of the other block with the final victor earning a guaranteed title shot at the 1/4/19 WrestleKingdom. Whether they retain that title shot all the way to January will be their major story coming out of the G-1.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=118207

Guest Fight Me.

Eat shit Elgin. :XD:

So good he already lost the belt.

Good shit, Elgin winning at the Dominion was the only negative of Dominion lmao.

Archived