King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not the slow start that bothered me its the fact that Sanada was legit beating the breaks off of him and it took like two Rainmakers to end it. No idea why it bothered me, maybe because i just really wanted Sanada to win. The LHW title match was easily the best of the night but with those two dudes its just expected.

Wait, so is it Kota, Kenny and Chase vs. Cody, Hangman and Marty in one of them?

What's also interesting, is the Young Bucks teaming with Hangman Page on day 2.

I was rooting for SANADA too. For a second I thought he had it after that moonsault before he grabbed his knee.

I think it was around that time I started to believe in it too. The slow part lasted so long, I assumed we were reaching the end when it picked up the pact after 20 minutes or so, but it turned out that was just the start.

SANADA is my favourite guy in these early days of watching NJPW, so it was fun seeing him in the challenger-role.

As was previously reported, there were talks between Hulk Hogan and New Japan Pro Wrestling and The Bullet Club about possibly bringing Hogan in and making him an honorary member of Bullet Club, but the negotiations fell through, mainly because Hogan was asking for too much money.

According to a report from Sports Illustrated, Hogan's asking price just to appear at this year's Wrestle Kingdom was $750,000, and New Japan officials decided against it.

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/50703/How-Much-Money-Hulk-Hogan-Reportedly-Asked-for-to/

Whenever I see him on interviews or podcasts, on particular the "meaning of mature" podcast he did a few times with Ethan Page and Josh Alexander, he just sounds like typical testosterone filled jock.

All he really ever talked about is how much he lifted and his sexual conquests. He just seems like a douchebag.

I've seen enough screenshots of his texts and messages on twitter when the whole situation came to light to suggest he did try and cover things up and was unfaithful to his wife with one of his students, and bullied said student into keeping quiet both about him being unfaithful and what was allegedly done to her by others

Archived