King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Censored*, that sucks. I noticed he grabbed his knee when he fell out of the ring in the Rush match but I didn't think it was anything that serious. Wonder if they changed the finish because of it, the match did end kinda abruptly, I thought.

'At least 6 months' doesn't sound good as far as the G1 is concerned.

New Beginning Night 2

I don't know what else happened since I just caught the last half of the main event live at like 1 AM but

NEW U.S CHAMP

CODY YOU SON OF A BITCH

GOLDEN LOVERS

TEARS AND EMOTIONS

Jay White accomplished his goal of decimating BC but still got outshined lmfao

Tama loves the Elite, though! FTE!

Anyways, got *censored*ing spoiled on the post main event shenenigans from some douchebag on youtube who posted a video called 'KENNY OMEGA FIRED FROM BULLET CLUB IBUSHI SAVES' or something like that. What an awesome segment, though. Jay White vs Kenny was really great too and so was Tanahashi vs Suzuki, hope Tana recovers until the Australia shows, or just take him out of that altogether and let the man rest!

I don't see Young Bucks vs Golden Lovers at all, I think in the end the Bucks will stick with Kenny and also they wouldn't book two Juniors against two Heavyweights. Although with the Bucks losing the straps it might be time for them to join the big bois...

But yeah I think Naito vs Jericho is pretty much a lock and I think we'll either see Golden Lovers vs Cody & Hangman or Cody vs Kenny.

Ok, that was the best BTE episode yet. My heart skipped a beat at the end.

Shut up.

Big Name Pulled From NJPW New Beginning Tour

Hiroshi Tanahashis knee injury has caused him to be pulled from NJPWs The New Beginning tour. The company announced that Tanahashi has been diagnosed with acute osteoarthritis in his right knee and as such, the company has removed him from the tour.

The announcement places the injury within the contect of Tanahashis match this past weekend, saying, During the main event IWGP Intercontinental Championship match on Saturday January 27, Hiroshi Tanahashi suffered a prolonged assault on his right knee at the hands of Minoru Suzuki. Tanahashi has been diagnosed with acute osteoarthritis in his right knee. As a result, the decision has been made to remove Tanahashi from The NEW BEGINNING Tour, with changes to the card to be announced.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/hiroshi-tanahashi-pulled-njpw-new-beginning-tour-due-knee-injury/

Archived