King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Jay White looked awesome. Like the ultimate anime villain. Cool hairstyle and jacket, the Switchblade necklace thing. Thought it was pretty cool. And they really got tricked me into thinking Switchblade wasn't appearing with Tana's whole celebration.

Ive never seen a multi-man match in NJPW so Im real excited for that F4W especially with the guys in it.

I thought they were going to do a triple threat with Hiromu, KUSHIDA and Ospreay. Big deal for Scurll, though. Still hope my boy Hiromu takes the belt.

Shame. Wanted Ibushi/Suzuki.

Would've been sick. Hope we get Ishii vs Suzuki now. I kinda think Elgin should've gotten the belt off of Suzuki at some point but I don't know what his commitments and schedule is like with New Japan.

Personally, I think Cody is the most alright performer I've ever seen find success like he has lol.

Jeff Jarrett :hqhq:

Henare's back, huh? Will be weird to see Sami Callihan and Chuck Taylor in New Japan.

https://twitter.com/rainmakerXokada/status/927720539241639936

Chuck seems to be finding it rough already.

BTW Trent is the best on twitter.

Think ive only seen one match with Jay White so i can't judge but man I just don't like Sami.

Henare's back, huh? Will be weird to see Sami Callihan and Chuck Taylor in New Japan.

https://twitter.com/rainmakerXokada/status/927720539241639936

Chuck seems to be finding it rough already.

BTW Trent is the best on twitter.

Think ive only seen one match with Jay White so i can't judge but man I just don't like Sami.

I saw that best friends talk :lol:

What Jay White match did you watch? I've only seen a few but his match with Ospreay was incredible. One of the best US matches I've seen this year.

I say give him time, he was clearly nervous when he showed up but I like the look they gave him a lot. It's his first time working heel too, right?

His match with Punisher Martinez at the Las Vegas PPV so not the best way to judge him.

I was wanting to check that out, I only saw their ROH TV match. Worth going out of my way?

It was just a ok brawl, nothing too special.

Someone is making NJPW is Not for Kids videos of post match promos and other stuff with cursing and G.O.D. promos are my shit. Tanga Loa shitting on the KES after they won the belts is incredible. Juice has hysterical promos too talking about how hes going to go balls deep in Japanese women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe4OsBjuCgo

KES promo is at like 11 and change.

The thing is, it did take him a while before he found his footing in NJPW the first few months he was really out of place. But ever since they started to gel as a team which was around the World Tag League 2016, they have been on point with everything. And have become one the best teams in recent memory.

Kenny Omega's contract status New Japan Pro Wrestling was huge news a year ago, when many wondered if he would jump ship and become a free agent. This time around, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Omega's contract with NJPW expires on January 31, 2018, but according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there's little talk of him leaving. Omega, the current IWGP United States Champion, has said himself that barring any unforeseen issues, he plans on signing with New Japan for another year. Dave Meltzer wrote that Omega's new deal would increase his pay considerably and it would give him extra authority as a creative voice in all of his angles.

Omega has already been announced for shows beyond his NJPW contract, such as the Ring Of Honor Supercard of Honor on April 7. He's expected to highlight that card. The fact that he's most likely staying with New Japan is why officials feel comfortable announcing him for future shows, unlike last year when they felt it was a probability that he would be joining the WWE. Even though he had said he planned on staying, it wasn't 100 percent until he actually signed the deal earlier this year.

This time around, Omega is a major part of NJPW and ROH's plans for 2018. He made his intentions clear earlier this month when he told Tokyo Sports, "I'm staying in New Japan 100 percent. This is where wrestlers can be themselves and fight for themselves. I want to show how great a place it is."

Omega was recently challenged by Chris Jericho to a match at Wrestle Kingdom 12 on Jan. 4. Jericho reportedly negotiated the deal with NJPW and it's expected to be a one-off deal.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/1112/634021/backstage-news-on-kenny-omega-njpw-contract-expiring-soon/

Said it in the thread about Jericho in the WWE section, I don't think Kenny wants to be in the WWE. Really think he feels NJPW can be bigger then it already is/that he wouldn't be used to the best of his ability if he went to the WWE. I can also see alot more WWE stars jumping back to Japan and ROH when their contracts are up. Gallows and Anderson being the first two.

Archived