King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

I think we should just use spoiler tags lol. Not everything though, I don't think praise should need it. Results or angle talk definitely do, of course.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LIJ and Chaos tags both were entertaining as *Censored*. Nagata vs. YOSHI-HASHI was awesome. And while the obvious choices that have happend so far may have been better this year(Okada vs. Omega I & II/Okada vs. Shibata), for me the MOTY is Naito vs. Ibushi. What a good and entertaining match.

G1 Night 1 spoilers:

I just can't get into Yoshi-Hashi, he does nothing for me. I hate his look, think he's got no charisma, don't understand his character, doesn't have a very exciting move-set... He's fundamentally sound and a good hand but that's all I see in him. Was pissed Nagata didn't win.

The main event was just outstanding but if Ibushi keeps doing this he won't make it till the end of the tournament, Jesus! I went nuts when he kicked out of the Destino, really thought he'd win but then Naito hit the Destino again /:

Oh, btw, Naito was over as a mother*censored*er, I actually thought Ibushi would get the most cheers but it was not even close. Naito might be the most over guy in wrestling.

G1 Night 1 spoilers:

I just can't get into Yoshi-Hashi, he does nothing for me. I hate his look, think he's got no charisma, don't understand his character, doesn't have a very exciting move-set... He's fundamentally sound and a good hand but that's all I see in him. Was pissed Nagata didn't win.

The main event was just outstanding but if Ibushi keeps doing this he won't make it till the end of the tournament, Jesus! I went nuts when he kicked out of the Destino, really thought he'd win but then Naito hit the Destino again /:

Oh, btw, Naito was over as a mother*censored*er, I actually thought Ibushi would get the most cheers but it was not even close. Naito might be the most over guy in wrestling.

Honestly since he started throwing the belt around people have been going crazy for him. LINJ as a whole are pretty hot in general. In a promotion with Okada, Omega, and Ibushi, Naito is the one who i look forward to the most easily.

G1 Night 1 spoilers:

Honestly since he started throwing the belt around people have been going crazy for him. LINJ as a whole are pretty hot in general. In a promotion with Okada, Omega, and Ibushi, Naito is the one who i look forward to the most easily.

Naito is amazing. I took my girlfriend to an NJPW taping at Korakuen Hall earlier this year, and LIJ were the most over thing there. I was waiting out front with my Suzuki-gun t-shirt, and I saw another gaijin in a Bullet Club t-shirt, but about 95% of the audience was wearing Los Ingobernables merch. The entire stable is a must-see. I think Hiromu is incredible, and SANADA has ridiculous potential (and hair). Evil and BUSHI are cool as well, but there are definitely clear standouts, with Naito standing atop the mountain.

G1 Night 1 spoilers:

Yoshi-Hashi comes across to me as an old guy who's supposed to come across as a young guy. And people younger than him has clearly surpassed him. Like he's the only one left from a failed generation or something.

G1 Night 1 spoilers:

Naito is amazing. I took my girlfriend to an NJPW taping at Korakuen Hall earlier this year, and LIJ were the most over thing there. I was waiting out front with my Suzuki-gun t-shirt, and I saw another gaijin in a Bullet Club t-shirt, but about 95% of the audience was wearing Los Ingobernables merch. The entire stable is a must-see. I think Hiromu is incredible, and SANADA has ridiculous potential (and hair). Evil and BUSHI are cool as well, but there are definitely clear standouts, with Naito standing atop the mountain.

Im not one to go looking to get pictures with wrestlers when i go to shows but *Censored* I want a pic with Naito so badly. I want to be accepted the way he accepts LINJ kid.

G1 Night 1 spoilers:

Im not one to go looking to get pictures with wrestlers when i go to shows but *Censored* I want a pic with Naito so badly. I want to be accepted the way he accepts LINJ kid.

I'm saving money so I can get back over to Japan in time for Wrestle Kingdom. Meeting any wrestler on that roster would be amazing.

btw, I've made a discussion thread for G1 Climax discussion, that way it's a little more lineal. It's full of pictures and match cards that I'm constantly updating.

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/477866-official-njpw-g1-climax-27-discussion/

So apparently Cornette went on another "I dislike Omega and want to insult him because i'm a bitter old prick" rant on twitter. Even compared Omega to Hitler.

So which US Indie guys do you want to see in New Japan next year? For me, its Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb, depending on Cobb's status with Lucha Underground.

Of course, Riddle loves the weed, and I don't know of the laws involving that stuff over in Japan.

Laws are extreme over there.

Well, that's what I heard anyways...

I used to have all the respect in the world for Cornette but he's managed to piss that all away.

Just let yourself be entertained by it. Don't let it offend you.

Not directed towards you:

It blows my mind how fans get more offended by shit like this than Kenny himself does.

Why now? Dude is seriously killing it and its not even an argument.

That's exactly why. He needs those podcast downloads to go up.

Weed laws are extreme in Japan.....I wonder what the punishment for that stuff is in WWE.

In WWE I think it's just a fine if you get tested positive for weed. The thing in Japan that *censored*ed Sydal wasn't that he had weed, it was that he brought it into the country.

Jim Cornette is absolutely a heart attack waiting to happen. How anyone can hold so much vitriol for two men, let alone compare a light-hearted and inconsequential match with a blow up doll to mass genocide is beyond me.

Jim Cornette is absolutely a heart attack waiting to happen. How anyone can hold so much vitriol for two men, let alone compare a light-hearted and inconsequential match with a blow up doll to mass genocide is beyond me.

Couldn't come soon enough. Maybe then he'd chill.

Archived