King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Just saw that Sanada & Bushi vs Hiromu & Evil for the first night of the G1. Interesting match.

The hell?

G1 always has partners facing off against each other, AJ faced Karl Anderson one year but it was pretty much a comedy match. We also recently saw this in the Super Juniors tourney with Taka vs. Taichi, which was also a comedy match. So nothing to worry about.

Kevin Kelly has announced on Twitter that hes left Ring of Honor after working as the voice of ROH since 2010. Going forward, Kelly plans to focus on his work with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Kelly has been working with New Japan since October of 2015 when he did English language commentary for King of Pro-Wrestling.

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/884964242050428928

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/47245/Kevin-Kelly-Leaves-Ring-Of-Honor-For-NJPW/

Guest Fight Me.

No way to watch it on PS4 yet unfortunately, not any that I know of anyway. Every time I've tried to use their website on PS4, it just tells me what devices I could watch it on lol.

Indeed it has. All the G1 matches so far have been decent. Yoshi-Hashi has shown improvement, and the Tanahashi/ZSJ match was a technical clinic, but the main event between Ibushi and Naito was on another level. Some of the bumps they took had me wincing at the TV.

EDIT: If mods are okay with a separate thread for it, I'd be happy to start a G1 coverage thread.

Im really going to try my best to keep up with the G1 this year. Might skip all the filler matches on the cards and just do the G1 matches. Feel like EVIL is going to have a pretty good G1.

So for real, should we make a separate G1 topic or should we just spoiler tag stuff? Its a long event. Not everyone is going to be 100% caught up, hell I don't think anyone will be 100% caught up till a week or so after.

Archived