King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That video was awesome. As underwhelming as Cody's been in the ring his mic skills are undeniable. And Kenny's are completely off the charts.

Speaking of, did anyone watch the free interviews on NJPW World with Kenny, Okada, Naito and Tanahashi? The Kenny one was awesome, I only watched his and Naito's in full and then like half of Okada's.

Tana could get a solid match out of Gunn, but if they're planning to make a big first impression amongst the US Market I don't think that's the main event which'll reel in new subscribers (provided the IC Title headlines one night).

Same goes for Okada/Cody, though to a lesser extent seeing as Cody isn't 53.

Thats the third ever 6 star match in history right? Feels awesome that my favourite wrestler holds 2 of those three. I desperately want them to put the belt on Omega after a third match, he practically turned face just from his performance alone, with Kazuchika selling the entire thing so beautifully.

So what's everyone's thoughts on Dominion? I thought it was better than Wrestle Kingdom. I thought Bucks vs RPG Vice, Takahashi vs KUSHIDA and Omega vs Okada were all better than the Dome matches. Tanashi vs Naito I thought wasn't as good but was still great and Suzuki vs Goto was worse than Goto/Shibata.

Guest Fight Me.

Also, I have a question, are the G1 US Specials not airing on NJPW World here in the US? I just keep hearing how it's gonna air here on AXS TV.

Also, I have a question, are the G1 US Specials not airing on NJPW World here in the US? I just keep hearing how it's gonna air here on AXS TV.

I know the first special airs live on AXS TV and the other one on tape delay, so I would guess that at least the second one would air live on NJPW World in the states.

Is hot topic an American store or are they elsewhere around the world? I don't think I've seen one in the UK.

Never really considered the answer to this question. But, I checked the website, and I think it's a US/Canadian store. The drop-down menu for finding a location only has US and Canadian listings.

The G1 participants were announced today, the blocks will be on the 26th of June.

01) Hiroshi Tanahashi

02) Togi Makabe

03) Michael Elgin

04) Kazuchika Okada

05) Hirooki Goto

06) Tomohiro Ishii

07) Toru Yano

08) YOSHI-HASHI

09) Kenny Omega

10) Bad Luck Fale

11) Tama Tonga

12) Tetsuya Naito