King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Not every Fantasticamania show is broadcast, right? Which ones are?

Judging from the NJPW World schedule, just 1.20-22. I could be wrong though, but I only see those three dates on there.

These are the shows know so far that will have english commentary this year on NJPW World.

2/5 – New Beginning in Sapporo
2/11 – New Beginning in Osaka
3/6- 45th Anniversary
3/20 – New Japan Cup 2017
4/9 – Sakura Genesis 2017
5/3 – Wrestling Dontaku
6/3 – Best of Super Junior 24 Finals
6/11 – Dominion 2017
7/1 – G1 Climax Special in USA
7/2 – G1 Climax Special in USA
7/17- G1 Climax Opening
8/11 -G1 Climax Finals
8/12 -G1 Climax Finals

Guest Fight Me.

So Katsuyori Shibata is in deep shit.

You know you can't just say things and not follow up. But yeah, I guess he's stiff in more ways than one lol.

He got caught cheating on his girlfriend.

You know you can't just say things and not follow up. But yeah, I guess he's stiff in more ways than one lol.

*Wife, I'm pretty sure he got married a while ago. Yikes... I was hoping this would be his year.

*Wife, I'm pretty sure he got married a while ago. Yikes... I was hoping this would be his year.

Is adultery illegal in Japan or something?

ROH's Kevin Kelly and former WWF and ECW personality Don "Cyrus" Callis will be the English Language announcing team for New Japan events streaming on New Japan World going forward. Callis made the announcement on a podcast he and Lance Storm do together.

New Japan Pro Wrestling announced earlier this month that all of its major events through August would have English language commentary live. Events set for English language commentary:

2/4 - New Beginning in Sapporo.

2/11 - New Beginning in Osaka.

3/6- 45th Anniversary.

3/20 - New Japan Cup 2017.

4/9 - Sakura Genesis 2017.

5/3 - Wrestling Dontaku.

6/3 - Best of Super Junior 24 Finals.

6/11 - Dominion 2017.

7/1 - G1 Climax Special in USA

7/2 - G1 Climax Special in USA.

7/17- G1 Climax Opening

8/11 -G1 Climax Finals.

8/12 -G1 Climax Finals.

8/13 - G1 Climax Finals.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=107167

Guest Fight Me.

That's pretty cool. I listened to his podcast with Kenny Omega, I wonder if he had helped him get the gig. Kenny seems like the type who likes to give back to those who helped him along the way.

That's pretty cool. I listened to his podcast with Kenny Omega, I wonder if he had helped him get the gig. Kenny seems like the type who likes to give back to those who helped him along the way.

Meltzer and Alvarez say that's exactly why he got the job. Also speculated that's good evidence that Kenny is staying in New Japan.

IWGP Tag Team Champion Rocky Romero joined Sean Waltman as the special guest on this weeks new episode of X-Pac 1-2-360. You can read some highlights from the interview below, or watch it in the above video and download the audio version over on iTunes.

Rocky Romero shares his thoughts on 205 Live:

I think the idea is cool. I like that theyre giving them a space to show what they have. But I just think that the timing of it is really bad. Once you see John Cena and Randy Orton, then you have to wait around and then youre watching these guys. I think that they should be on before. I think that just making that small switch, keep the live, but just making that small switch is going to do a lot better for everyone.

What Rocky thinks was the problem with the WWE Cruiserweight Classic:

Besides TJ and Brian Kendrick and some of the guys, I personally think that there were a lot better cruiserweights, to be honest. But this is what was available. Not taking away from these guys, the guys are great. But I think that because of the way the world is in wrestling right now is a lot of guys have contracts to other places. So this was the best that they could kind of put together, and they tried to sell it and package it as these are the best cruiserweights in the world, which wasnt true.

Romero comments on who should have been in the CWC:

Ricochet, Will Ospreay, Marty Scurll, myself, The Young Bucks, Trent BarretaBut I mean I do like that they gave a lot of guys opportunities that probably wouldnt have gotten the opportunity or the call. It definitely gives them a lot of room to grow with the product.

Rocky credits Waltman for lessons he learned while working in AAA:

I dont feel like I ever gave you enough props for what you taught me during that time. Thats the stuff that, after Mexico and D-Mex, the words that you gave me resonated so much. Thats my mantra now. Thats what I use in all my matches, and how I think Ive kind of like resparked my career is all off of the things youve taught me. Like how important the comeback is. Im like the comeback kid now! At least in my world, its a cruiserweight type world and everybody wants to do all these big moves and stuff and Im just like, Im just going to do the same thing where I jump off the top, I do a billion clotheslines, but its what people know. I dont have to do anything spectacular. I dont have to do a triple moonsalt. I dont have to do anything cool. Its just the fire, the feeling, and what I do is just exciting because Im pumped and excited for it.

Romero on quitting AAA:

We had a little party to say goodbye, with me, [Alex] Koslov and [Mark] Jindrak. I packed up my stuff and I went home. I was like, Im just going to get a real job, you know, I guess this wrestling thing is kind of over for now, because I didnt know where I was going to go. I quit because I just couldnt do it anymore. So I was like, I dont care what I have to do. I just dont want to be here anymore.

Rocky reveals whether reports that WWE wanted to sign him as a trainer are true:

I went down there and I did the weeklong guest trainer spot, and it was great. It was something that I was considering at the time. Im always considering something, like what the evolution is going to be. Obviously Im not going to wrestle forever. Im getting tired of people asking me about it. I was open to it but then I realized that I still want to perform, I still enjoy it. Im thirty-four now and Im not really ready to walk away from that side yet. Taking that job would be a big responsibility. I would take it seriously. But if Im not happy doing it, and not ready for it, then why would I take it? Theres somebody else that can use it better than I could.

What else hes working on:

I just wrote a little web series that Im going to do, hopefully this year. Its called Chico El Luchador. Its about a luchador thats about to retire at thirty-fivehis story and basically what happens from then on. Itll be cool.

Rocky also breaks down his WrestleKingdom 11 match, announces his upcoming second album, and much more. Get it all on this weeks brand new episode of AfterBuzz TVs X-Pac 12360. Two words for youDOWNLOAD IT!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/795791-rocky-romero-reveals-why-he-didnt-take-wwe-job-who-shouldve-been-in-the-cwc-why-he-quit-aaa

Full podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/x-pac-1-2-360-afterbuzz-tv/id1150124693?mt=2&i=374822005

- NJPW's FantasticaMania had its first show that was broadcasted live on NJPW World on January 20th (two more shows will also air on the 21st and 22nd), typically this is a co-promotional tour between NJPW and CMLL talent. Here are the results:

*Blue Panther Jr. & Henare def. Ephesto & Will Ospreay

*Jushin Liger, Soberano Jr., Tiger Mask def. Gedo, Jado, Raziel

*Hechicero & Okumura def. Máximo Sexy & Stuka Jr.

*BUSHI, EVIL, Naito, Rush, SANADA def. Atlantis, David Finlay, Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, Ryusuke Taguchi

*Euforia, Okada, Último Guerrero def. Juice Robinson, Mistico, Volador Jr.

*IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Hiromu Takahashi def. Titán

*World Lightweight Champion Dragón Lee def. Bárbaro Cavernario

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0120/621396/latest-kenny-omega-on-the-road-video-njpw-fantasticamania-results/

Archived