King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winners in bold.

1. Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Manabu Nakanishi vs. Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Tiger Mask vs. Yuji Nagata vs. legends New Japan Rumble
  2. Tiger Mask W(Kota Ibushi) vs. Tiger the Dark(ACH)
  3. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) © vs. Roppongi Vice (Beretta and Rocky Romero) IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
  4. David Finlay, Ricochet and Satoshi Kojima © vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Chaos (Jado, Will Ospreay and Yoshi-Hashi) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi, Evil and Sanada) NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship
  5. Cody vs. Juice Robinson
  6. Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole ROH World Championship
  7. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa) © vs. Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma) IWGP Tag Team Championship
  8. Kushida © vs. Hiromu Takahashi IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
  9. Katsuyori Shibata © vs. Hirooki Goto NEVER Openweight Championship
  10. Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi IWGP Intercontinental Championship
  11. Kazuchika Okada © vs. Kenny Omega IWGP Championship

Clean sweep all the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqCfJ61HbII

UK people are lucky...I would definitely get up at 8am to watch this live...but I can't justify staying up to watch something that starts at 3am. And these shows are always like 5 hours long or whatever. Yeah...just can't do it. (Watch me say this now and then do it anyway :lol:)

Australia is even more lucky, it starts over here roughly the same time it does in Japan.

Cody v Juice just looks so damn out of place.

They need someone to make Cody look good in his first match. And Juice has been putting in hard work the past years or so in NJPW, so this is basically his reward for all of that, a spot on the biggest show of the year.

Last year during this time he was merely part of the ring crew.

Guest Fight Me.

Planning to stream NJPW World from my phone to the TV, and I just realized sound won't come from my TV if I wear headphones so looks like I'll be able to enjoy WK11 in all its glory without waking anyone up. :)

Kinda wish they had a PS4 app though, would make this a lot easier lol.

- Dave Finlay (former wrestler, currently working for WWE as a producer) will be in attendance to watch his Son, David Finlay, wrestle in the NEVER Openweight 6-Man tag team championship gauntlet match.

- Cody Rhodes recently posted an entry on his Facebook page to talk about Wrestle Kingdom 11, his father Dusty Rhodes, and dedicating his match to his friend "Drax Shadow" a young boy with neuroblastoma who WWE "signed" during an in-ring ceremony.

Twas' the morning of Wrestle Kingdom 11, when all...

Actually it was me sitting in my hotel room(with a perfect view of the world renowned Tokyo Dome) jet-lagged to the gills hours after the press-conference, watching various NJPW matches. Styles and Naito, Omega and Tanahashi, and then I see a link for "Dusty Rhodes V Bob Backlund from Japan"...

I clicked on it. I found myself not paying attention to the match though...but instead drifting in thought, thinking of how every time I see Bob he tells me the story of said match and how he was surprised that my Father got "technical" with him. I think about all the stories Dream told me as a kid...how his driver made them change cars twice in various parking garages, so that the fans would not know who was meeting up with Inoki's motorcade. Or how when he brought my lovely mother to Tokyo, she was greeted by a mob of fans at the hotel and the company graciously gave her a handler to take her throughout the city and protect her while my Dad worked. I think about him sitting at a long table across from Inoki and when he had enough of the silence, he grabbed a bunch of fish eggs and shoved them into his mouth...and when the Japanese contingency laughed at him, he slammed his fist and did it again...to which then his opponent grabbed a handful as well and followed suit. I think about the skinny cans of Coke that he would bring my Sister and I after his trips...and how could I forget him leaving 6gs in his jeans at the hotel and then receiving his jeans pressed/cleaned a week later with the money in an envelope at our house in Florida. I think a lot.

My 2015 was defined by taking his position in our family. My 2016 was lateral motion...not forward, not backwards. Until August 19th that is...

Since then, I have ground my knuckles to the damn bone on this path. I've been flattered by record houses...I've been humbled by winning various championships...I've celebrated a record merchandise number for one of the largest pro-wrestling companies in the world...I've hitched a few new cars to the bandwagon for the new fans I've been lucky enough to earn. There still remains a skeptic or two...a doubter or three...and I LOVE them. That's the challenge. Proving some right, and proving others wrong. I'm from the Southern United States and I am the son of Dusty f--king Rhodes, you think pressure means a damn thing to me? It might as well be oxygen. I have always dealt with it. Today is no different. Today I will make it official. Within 10 months I will have competed at a WrestleMania, a Bound For Glory, a Final Battle...and now...Wrestle Kingdom 11. I hope you all tune-in and enjoy what a wonderful company NJPW is and I hope you see all the astounding wrestlers on its roster. I wanted to take a moment to dedicate my Match to my friend "Drax" Shadow...I've said it before, when we met they said he needed me but when the night was over...it was me that needed him. I also want to thank New Japan Pro Wrestling and The Bullet Club for bringing me out here in such style.

Is the World ready for The American Nightmare?

-CR

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0104/620898/wrestle-kingdom-11-new-japan-rumble-spoilers/

Archived