King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Promo was awesome.

But I'm already sick of him being overrated like he's this amazing wrestler and a huge deal.

He's not...yet. Let's see what he can finally do in a setting like NJPW, because his first match against Lethal in ROH was lame asf.

Guest Fight Me.

Cody joining Bullet club is cool

Just realized there's 2 Codys in Bullet Club now lol. What if they kick out Hall just for that?

There are two Adams aswell...So...I don't see it happening.

I thought Adam Page went by Hangman Page now?

Cody joining Bullet club is cool

Just realized there's 2 Codys in Bullet Club now lol. What if they kick out Hall just for that?

There are two Adams aswell...So...I don't see it happening.

I thought Adam Page went by Hangman Page now?

Only in Japan, I thought.

Either way. Wouldn't then Hall or Rhodes getting a different name be more plausible?

Colby Corino, son of Steve Corino has released a video message in which he gives a heartfelt message about his current struggles with drug addiction which he says he has been battling for a few years, but now will finally get help for.

The former ROH star was found unconscious at his home by police and arrested for possession of a controlled substance after multiple drugs were found during a search.

In the video he says: As of today, Im gonna start getting the treatment that I need to be the better person and the best man I can be gonna start getting the treatment that I need to be the better person and the best man I can be on this world.gonna start getting the treatment that I need to be the better person and the best man I can be on this world.gonna start getting the treatment that I need to be the better person and the best man I can be on this world.gonna start getting the treatment that I need to be the better person and the best man I can be on this world.gonna start getting the treatment that I need to be the better person and the best man I can be on this world.

A Go Fund Me account has been set up at [the link below] by his friends to help support cost of the help and treatment he needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmM6xq27wK4

http://www.gofundme.com/ducks-fly-for-colby?rcid=b4f9eefbf1af45f0a7a123928774a301

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/44516/Colby-Corin-Releases-Heartfelt-Video-Message-About-His-Drug/

Rhodes being in the Bullet Club is actually the first thing I've been excited about in NJPW in a while.

I mean...I like the product as a whole. But nothing has really been giving it that "spark" that it needs. I think Cody has the potential to do that...especially when it comes to making the Bullet Club mean something again.

Love Omega's whole "I'm not speaking Japanese to you people" shtick, btw.

New Japan Pro Wrestling's Wrestle Kingdom 11 in Tokyo Dome is rumored to be airing in the USA with an announcement expected in the next week according to a number of top sources. The event will be main evented by Kazuchika Okada defending the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Kenny Omega.

WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross is also teasing something to be announced and has mentioned AXS TV, which could potentially mean a television broadcast of the event rather than PPV.

For those that aren't aware, Wrestle Kingdom is the "equivalent" of WWE's WrestleMania and will the 26th January 4 Tokyo Dome Show since 1992.

J.R. already previously called English commentary with Matt Striker for Wrestle Kingdom 9 when Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling partnered up with NJPW in 2015.

We'll have more if and when it's announced.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/44520/NJPW-Wrestle-Kingdom-11-To-Air-In-The-United/

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Matt Sydal is back in the United States and the man formerly known as Evan Bourne says the arrest has sadly caused him to lose his job with NJPW.

Sydal tweeted a photo Monday morning upon his return and included the caption, Back from Japan Lets meet in the USA #freesydal.

As we previously reported, Sydal was arrested in September at Kansai International Airport while trying to enter Osaka with a small amount of liquid marijuana aka weed cartridges for a vape pen.

Sydal says, Its all finished. I received probation, which applies only if Im in Japan. So no actual punishment. I was just held until they had the trial. I wasnt ever in jail either, only police detention centers and the Osaka immigration detention center.

As for his job with his New Japan Pro Wrestling Matt tells us, Im no longer with NJPW. I still love the Japanese people, but I wont be working there in the near future.

Welcome home.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/matt-sydal-back-united-states-njpw-job/#.WE8G5LX9eaM

That sucks for him...but you really need to respect the laws and culture in places like Japan. And I don't know what people are thinking when they bring weed to an airport. Just get where you're going and find some local. Might be harder if you're in a place with strict laws...but it's worth it when the alternative is getting busted in an airport and losing your job.

I don't know man. I get what you're saying, but losing your job over liquid weed capsules? It's not like he's bringing the actual bud or the tree with him, he had the liquid caps for the vape pens, which is almost always classified as the better alternative due to the lack of smell and other things. But yeah, I guess you're right.

I don't know man. I get what you're saying, but losing your job over liquid weed capsules? It's not like he's bringing the actual bud or the tree with him, he had the liquid caps for the vape pens, which is almost always classified as the better alternative due to the lack of smell and other things. But yeah, I guess you're right.

But the problem is that it was Japan. They have very strict laws.

While weed is relatively harmless and should be legal everywhere, it simply isn't. And when you're working in a place like Japan, which holds law and tradition at very high standards, you should be respectful of that. It's one thing to say "I'm an American, and I choose to smoke weed, because I don't care about the US laws that prohibit it". But when you say the same thing in another country, you're directly disrespecting that country. For all intents and purposes, NJPW might not have even had a say in the matter. I think Japan usually locks people up for a number of years for possession of marijuana. Sydal probably got off easy, and, as a result, NJPW said "we have no choice but to send you back to the US".

This is 100% on Sydal. Japan has a very strict policy towards all drugs and Sydal chose to ignore it.

And as a little bonus info: He couldn't not have known. Ever visitor to Japan has to tell if he/she has been convicted for anything before in their life as well as to fill out 2 sheets of paper where they declare that they don't carry drugs with them.

It's standard procedure when visiting Japan

This is 100% on Sydal. Japan has a very strict policy towards all drugs and Sydal chose to ignore it.

And as a little bonus info: He couldn't not have known. Ever visitor to Japan has to tell if he/she has been convicted for anything before in their life as well as to fill out 2 sheets of paper where they declare that they don't carry drugs with them.

It's standard procedure when visiting Japan

or any other remotely safety-caring country

Archived