King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, reading that, it sounds like Kenny does intend to end up in WWE eventually.

He'd be crazy not to.

He's definitely the type of guy who could be a WWE champion. He doesn't quite fit the bill for a NJPW top guy...but he hits every single note for what WWE looks for in top guy...

So, reading that, it sounds like Kenny does intend to end up in WWE eventually.

He'd be crazy not to.

He's definitely the type of guy who could be a WWE champion. He doesn't quite fit the bill for a NJPW top guy...but he hits every single note for what WWE looks for in top guy...

Not to mention he has more charisma than 85 percent of the WWE roster combined, and already has somewhat of a foot in the door since he's got a friendship with Xavier Woods.

The only sad thing is, when he joins, I doubt they'll let him use the One Winged Angel. Might let him use Croyt's Wrath though.

After originally being scheduled for Newcastle-based NORTH Wrestling's July 30th show, Will Ospreay will miss the date because of a possible shoulder injury.

The 23-year-old British highflyer has quickly become one of the most highly regarded talents in the wrestling industry, but a demanding schedule and wrestling style has led to some health issues in the past.

Dave Meltzer chronicled Ospreay's injury history in the June 27th edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. In just his brief career, Ospreay has suffered "two slipped discs, seven concussions, a dodgy shoulder that is prone to separation, two fractured heels, and sciatica which leads to numbness in his foot."

Ospreay posted the following on his Facebook page:

"To anybody attending North Wrestling I have the unfortunate news that I will not be able to attend due to injury.

Nothing to North Wrestling at all I took a nasty knock to my shoulder during the WCPW shows and I'm hoping it's not bad but I'm booking a appointment with my doctors & pysiotherapist to see what the damage is.

Fingers crossed for the best."

NORTH Wrestling tweeted:

"It's with utter disappointment, but wholehearted understanding, that we have to announce @WillOspreay won't be appearing tomorrow. Will's took an injury to his shoulder last night, which needs immediate attention. We can only apologise, & promise we'll have Will back."

http://www.f4wonline.com/indies/will-ospreay-out-possible-shoulder-injury-217546?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Currently catching up on the last couple days. I really enjoyed Elgin/Omega, and am currently watching Naito/Shibata (aka Guy I Rip Off The Most vs. Japanese Tim Thatcher).

Day 9 did absolutely nothing for me. Ishii/Tonga wasn't too bad though

The 2016 Best of the Super Juniors, Will Ospreay recently spoke with The Tag Rope, and below are some interview highlights. You can watch the interview in full [in the link below].

On the EVOLVE contract offer from Paul Heyman:

I have not signed any contract. Im currently signed with New Japan Pro Wrestling, so it says in my contract that I have to actually hand over any contract or agreements to New Japan so they can go over it.

On that note, its my decision whether I want to go or not, but I think people need to understand that New Japan work very closely with Ring of Honor, and if they would like me to sign any contract with any American company it would probably be for Ring of Honor.

Ultimately, it is my decision what I want to do. But its a very selfish thing that Im about to say, but I need to think about me. I dont see my friends as much, and I dont get to spend as much time in England, so I would really like to think about what I would like to do and what is best for me.

On other offers and whats ahead:

I feel like maybe I need some time out. Just to let my body heal a little bit, so I have not signed anything. I should leave it at that because I have had other offers come in and Im just trying to swim in an ocean full of talent and stay relevant.

The one thing Ive always wanted to do is that I dont want to leave. A lot of people have asked when Im going to WWE, and I am interested, but Im not interested right now. Im so happy in England, its been an incredible journey and I want to keep it going, I want to help out, I want to do more things. On that note, the EVOLVE deal is unsigned right now but the contract is up on my wall.

Doing less independent dates in 2016:

In 2017 Ive made it quite clear that Im going to stop doing as many independent dates. Recently Ive just had an idea, I dont want it to be said now because I feel like someone might steal my idea, but its going to be coming up quite soon and it involves the trios division. Thats all Im saying.

On the most important thing hes learned in Japan:

I dont feel like Ive changed but apparently I have. Maybe Im a bit stiffer! Ive embraced the culture a little bit more, its very respectful. The crowd is in awe of everything you do, they pretty much worship the ground you walk on. Im just so thankful and so honoured for the opportunity. I am the little goldfish in a big, big ocean of talent.

The CHAOS faction has looked after me so well, and taught me wrong from right. I can see that somewhat now in my movement and how I move as a wrestler. I dont even know if people notice it these days but I hardly ever go to the top rope. Ive toned it down a little bit. I can still do it if I want to, but I save it now for the big moments. Ive just learned to pick my moments. I guess thats the thing Ive learned most in Japan.

On Vader:

I think its really stupid. Its a stupid, bitter, jealous old man that has such a problem that wrestling has evolved. No matter what your view of wrestling is, or my view of wrestling is, wrestling is an art form. Wrestling is whatever you want it to be. At the end of the day, theres different types of music, theres different types of religion, theres different types of wrestling.

I can see perfectly where Vader is coming from, I can see where everyone is coming from, I wish we had more time to sell, but the fact is [against Ricochet], we had fifteen minutes. And we went 14:55. We were so close to the mark it was unreal. If we had more time we would have sold more. But we just wanted to do what we do. As far as Vader goes, I just think, whats your problem?

Performing in front of new crowds:

These days the beauty of the Internet is we have the entire world in the palm of our hands, so I dont find it difficult anymore.

I put it back to when I first appeared on the video screen for New Japan saying Im joining the CHAOS faction, and the crowd started clapping when they said my name, because they knew who I was. That was ridiculous, one of the most insane things Id ever seen. Im still shocked when I go over to Ireland and people know who I am!

On that note, I just go out and I just be me. The crowds always different because the Americans are rowdy, but the Japanese are quiet and respectful, but the British people are even more rowdy, so youre always changing, but youve just got to listen to the crowd. Thats one of the main things Ive learned through wrestling.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/738595-will-ospreay-talks-contract-offer-from-paul-heyman-other-offers-and-whats-ahead-his-feud-with-vader-is-he-interested-in-going-to-wwe

Omega's great and all, but I think it should have been Naito (what a *censored*ing match between those two, by the way). No issues with Goto winning his block. Marifuji or Ishii would have been cool too, but at least it wasn't Tanahashi.

Archived