King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During BOSJ Day 1, in the KUSHIDA/O’Reilly match there was the sickest counter i have ever seen in a pro wrestling match.

O’Reilly went for a flying knee strike off the apron, but KUSHIDA somehow caught him mid-air into a armbar onto the outside floor.

Hiroshi Tanahashi will be taking time off over the next four weeks in order to heal up ahead of his ladder match against Kenny Omega.

During night one of the Best of the Super Juniors,

Bullet Club attacked Tanahashi with a ladder, effectively writing him off of the rest of his BOSJ appearances. Tanahashi will still compete in the ladder match against Kenny Omega at Dominion on June 19.

The plan earlier this year was for Tanahashi to scale back for a while in the ring, often just tagging with Michael Elgin. However, with the defection of AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and Shinsuke Nakamura, as well as Kota Ibushi not returning to NJPW, Tanahashi was needed in the ring.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0522/611990/major-new-japan-pro-wrestling-star-taking-the-next-several-weeks/

I still can't believe there's going to be another ladder match in NJPW. You don't see that every day. It has the potential to be the best ladder match we've seen in years. I think with all the damage that's been done to their roster lately, now is the perfect time to bust out some gimmick matches to keep people's interest.

I still can't believe there's going to be another ladder match in NJPW. You don't see that every day. It has the potential to be the best ladder match we've seen in years. I think with all the damage that's been done to their roster lately, now is the perfect time to bust out some gimmick matches to keep people's interest.

I feel for Tana not being able to rest more like he was supposed to, but also, I always wanted to see him in a ladder match. Him being a fan of Shawn Michaels, I'm pretty sure he also likes the concept, too. And yeah, because NJPW does this so sparingly, the novelty of the match itself should help sell out Dominion on the Osaka-Jo Hall, a pretty big and important venue for them.

PS.: And now for something completely different... I was never the biggest Cody Rhodes fan, but I think he could do well in NJPW if he ever wants to go there. And I'm not a fan of bringing too many WWE rejects into the fray, either. But Cody is an adaptable wrestler if there ever was one, and a crisp worker. I would love for him to challenge for the NEVER belt.

I feel for Tana not being able to rest more like he was supposed to, but also, I always wanted to see him in a ladder match. Him being a fan of Shawn Michaels, I'm pretty sure he also likes the concept, too. And yeah, because NJPW does this so sparingly, the novelty of the match itself should help sell out Dominion on the Osaka-Jo Hall, a pretty big and important venue for them.

PS.: And now for something completely different... I was never the biggest Cody Rhodes fan, but I think he could do well in NJPW if he ever wants to go there. And I'm not a fan of bringing too many WWE rejects into the fray, either. But Cody is an adaptable wrestler if there ever was one, and a crisp worker. I would love for him to challenge for the NEVER belt.

Agreed. I know Tanahashi is banged up, but I still think it's a smart move and I'm really excited for the match. To be honest, if someone had asked me to choose any two New Japan wrestlers for a ladder match, these are probably the two guys I would go with.

I think Cody Rhodes would do very well in Japan. If it were up to me, that's where he'd go.

I've seen a lot of guys hating on the match. Talking about how it was just moves for moves sake. Even Vader did it. And I hate that style of wrestling. But this was not that. Don't listen to those people. Disregard Vader. Watch this match if you haven't.

That match with ricochet on osprey was amazing, match had a lil but of everything, and I don't know why people hate on that style of wrestling, to me the X division and dragons gate style is just like the and 1 of pro wrestling it's supposed to be flashy with a bunch of trick moves that's the point

Archived