King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The styles are definitely different yet similar, and all the entertaining at the same time. And I think I can understand where Tanahashi is coming from, if he's referring to what I think he is. It might be the selling, and the moments during big matches there's always a segment of guys no selling everything and hitting each other with big impact moves at a pretty quick pace, I can see why he'd see that as not letting the moves and the selling effect of the move to sync in and awe the crowd. But here, the no-sell effect gets over with the crowds. Puroresu is definitely similar in that approach as well, so on that end, I can't see why Tanahashi would say that. Or maybe he's just being in character..

The styles are definitely different yet similar, and all the entertaining at the same time. And I think I can understand where Tanahashi is coming from, if he's referring to what I think he is. It might be the selling, and the moments during big matches there's always a segment of guys no selling everything and hitting each other with big impact moves at a pretty quick pace, I can see why he'd see that as not letting the moves and the selling effect of the move to sync in and awe the crowd. But here, the no-sell effect gets over with the crowds. Puroresu is definitely similar in that approach as well, so on that end, I can't see why Tanahashi would say that. Or maybe he's just being in character..

Tanahashi is the only in the Heavyweight division who doesn't do that too tbh

NJPW has that style too especially in Jr. Heavyweight tag matches, but NJPW and ROH matches tend to be VERY different. And you need only to look at Michael Elgin's performance in both companies and compare his style before and after NJPW to spot the differences. Elgin greatly benefited from being restrained to NJPW's style. Same as Davey Richards, Ricochet and many imports before.

As for Tanahashi going after Lethal's belt... ROH would be crazy not to put the belt on Tana if he wants it. But I won't watch that match. The prospect of Tanahashi, one of the smartest, most logically sound wrestlers ever, having to sell a Lethal Injection gives me the creeps.

Yoshi Tatsu's in-ring return has just been confirmed for Invasion Attack via Facebook.

Not the match that he is going to be in though

EDIT: nvm. He's teaming with Tanahashi & Elgin against The Elite. Atleast they chellenged them to a match.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

They have the ROH 14th Anniversary Show on NJPW World for some reason, is it worth checking out? Haven't watched ROH in a couple months since Destination America got rid of it.

So who's the new guy who joined Los Ingobernales Japan last night? Cant believe Okada lost. And Elgin was impressive.

It's this guy:

6y2j364n.jpg

And I guess the results of the PPV confirm Ricochet being in the Global Cruiserweight tournament :D

Who df ???

Former TNA X-Division Champion and protege of The Great Muta.

TNA obviously had to turn him into "The Great Sanada".

He wrestled alot for Wrestle-1, AJPW and TNA. He also wrestled for GFW for some time and part in a WWE try-out

First time watching a show in a while, loved the main and Shibata/Tenzan. Wasn't that into much else tbh but I'm really interested in the matches that seem to have been set up from this show.

Also I'm really happy that they've brought in Sanada, always liked him. I haven't seen him wrestle that muchsince the AJPW/W1 split as I've really lapsed on watching everything that isn't NJPW the last few years but he should freshen things up and add some depth to Los Ingobernables as BUSHI is great but EVIL is pretty average.

Archived