King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

Re-watched the main event from WK10 at work today.

Just wow.

Yeah man, I shit talked the MUH REDEMPTION storyline but the match was really good. Loved the spot where Okada went for the Rainmaker and Tanahashi slapped the shit out of him but Okada held on to him(with the camera zooming in showing his hand still locked around Tanahashi's wrist) and killed him with the Lariats.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Nakamura's leaving, it makes me wonder if Okada/Nakamura will be the new Tanahashi/Shibata. I guess you really can't compare the 2 because Shibata ditched the company for MMA(I think) and Tanahashi was left to carry the company. Tanahashi HATED Shibata but I think they're cool now. Unless that's some really deep story telling.

Yoshi Tatsu was the star of the English Commentary team.

By far. The one guy was okay in play-by-play, Striker was busy trying to make himself like the 90s cool guy (and failing horribly in the douchiest way possible), but Tatsu was just awesome. He has clearly overcome some of the hardest things in learning english (for instance, getting your accent tonned down enough that english speakers can understand you clearly).

Watching the Shibata vs Ishii match at the moment. God damn I love those stiff hits.

"He's uhh... Like japanese Michael Jackson" - Yoshitatsu 2016

Re-watched the main event from WK10 at work today.

Just wow.

Just caught a few matches, the four way tag match was awesome, as was Shinsuke and AJ.

Goddamn what a show.

- The undercard delivered.

- Honma finally got his long awaited payoff.

- Ishii vs. Shibata was everything i wanted and SO much more.

- Nakamura vs. Styles was a classic.

- Okada finally got his WK main event victory in one hell of a match with Tanahashi.

It was all so good.

Awesome show and a joy to watch with my brother. Thought the 4 way tag was great although *Censored* the Young Bucks. Was cool to see the Bricoes & Jay Lethal wrestle again as well. Love the Lethal Injection btw the best version hes had. Kenny Omega is hilarious and had a damn good showing and I loved the BTTF vs Terminator theme of that match.

Then the main events.....holy shit all 3 were awesome as *Censored* but i gotta give it to Shibata vs IIshi man. One of the stiffest matches ive ever seen im surprises either guy could walk. Shibata is a *censored*ing badass too. Nakumura vs AJ was my second fav. Those *censored*ing Boma Ye knees holy *Censored* AJ ate that shit hard.

Overall an awesomely fun show to watch. Really really great stuff.

Well... guess AJ is done then. Kenny Omega being the new leader is a great, unexpected decision. Great because with him, Bullet Club gets something they always missed: a mouthpiece. Unexpected, because I didn't think He would be the next guy pushed to the top with Styles leaving. Being Bullet Club's leader guarantees Omega another level of relevance, as NJPW is not about to kill it's international cash cow with some inane booking. I'm sad to see AJ go. And I truly hope he's the only one. But new Years' Dash has already shook NJPW up some, and that's terriffic.

Okada-Goto is going to be fine, I guess. BUSHI is about the only hot Jr. Heavyweight to challenge for KUSHIDA's title, so good for him. I'm dying to see Shibata's next challenger and what will Naito and Tanahashi do next. I think a tag team run with Elgin would be great for Tana for now.

Makes me wonder how Gedo and Jado feels about Nakamura leaving. Nakamura is obviously a star in Japan and made NJPW a lot of money, now he wants to *Censored* American women. I'm sure if they were mad they'd get someone to shoot on him mid match, Japan is like that sometimes.

Speaking of shoot, when the *Censored* is Suzuki coming back?

Maybe they'll need Shibata, the Ghost Ace From The Past, to step up. I can't lie and say that that doesn't excite me.

Who they will throw all their marbles into, of course, is Ibushi. I expect his push to the top to be even faster now as soon as he comes back.

There are rumors of New Japan Pro Wrestling star and former ROH Tag Team Champion Rocky Romero also leaving the company. This comes after the rumors of AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson and Shinsuke Nakamura reportedly leaving for WWE.

Bryan Alvarez noted on Wrestling Observer Live today that apparently Romero was being discussed for a trainer role in WWE. No word yet if theres any truth to the rumors of him leaving NJPW for WWE.

We do know that Romero was in attendance for one of the recent WWE NXT TV tapings from Full Sail University. Well keep you updated on his status and the reports of Styles, Gallows, Anderson and Nakamura coming to WWE.

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/wwe-signing-a-fifth-superstar-from-new-japan-pro-wrestling/

Archived