King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

I hope that rumor materializes, but I seriously thought it would be a challenge to Nakamura's IC title at WK. Now that won't happen, I guess, so I wonder where would Go fit in. maybe they bring him alongside another heavyweight freelancer as an outsiders team for the tag league and work from there? I don't know.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
– At today’s NJPW Power Struggle event, the promotion started an angle to set up a huge match at the upcoming Wrestle Kingdom 10 event at the Tokyo Dome in Japan. The angle was with IWGP Intercontinental champion Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles. Nakamura successfully defended his title at the event against Karl Anderson.

Per WrestlingInc.com, the match is set to be the co-main event for the card. This will mark the first time Styles and Nakamura have faced each other one-on-one. They faced off once before in a tag team match in 2008 when Nakamura teaming with Kurt Angle to face Styles and Hiroshi Tanahashi. NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 10 event is set for January 4, 2016 at the Tokyo Dome.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/aj-styles-vs-shinsuke-nakamura-set-for-wrestle-kingdom-10/

So the updated match card for WK10 looks like this:

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Okada © vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Shinsuke Nakamura © vs. AJ Styles

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Kenny Omega © vs. KUSHIDA

IWGP JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

reDRagon © vs. Matt Sydal & Ricochet vs. Roppongi Vice vs. Young Bucks

Hopefully they finally put Okada over at the Dome and truly establish him as ace. Properly excited for Styles vs. Shinsuke, I'm honestly expecting the MOTY and Okada vs. Tana should be great as long as they don't go overboard or go on too long. But I have no interest in those junior matches though, wtf is a Roppongi Vice and I like KUSHIDA but I hate Kenny Omega, geniunely can't stand him.

EVIL tho wth came up with that one. :XD:

I'm surprised he was protected at Power Struggle, i was positive he would be Gotos bitch.

I thought it was Taka Michinoku also, until I realized that's what Watanabe is calling himself now.

Yeah, enuhito said it, right? He also said that Marufuji talked about leaving NOAH if Shiozaki came back. That'll be interesting to see, but otherwise, I'm not that excited, and it's a really puzzling move by Shiozaki, it feels like a lateral move at best.

List of CMLL luchadors for the Fantasticamania show;

Mistico, Volador, Atlantis, Maya,, Lee, Stuka, Fuego, Dorada, Titan, Panther, Mephisto, UG, Hechicero, Bobby Z, Virus, Cavernario, Okumura

One will stay for 12 months.

No Sombra or Rush.

As noted earlier, AJ Styles was kept off last weekends Ring of Honor television tapings due to a back-related injury.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Styles was dealing with a sciatic nerve issue, and he needed time off to rest. Regarding his return to the ring, ROH stated that Styles will be back for Final Battle, however Dave Meltzer mentioned that theres a possibility Styles is ready for the November 7th New Japan Pro Wrestling event in Osaka.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/aj-styles-dealing-with-sciatic-nerve-issue/

A-Rob is that you?

Is the show that was held on the 9th, which featured Machine Gun Anderson Vs. Shinsuke Nakamura any good?

u mean the 7th?

as an overall show i thought it was pretty avg; would probably give it like a 5/10 if I had to rate it? Nothing was really truly bad (Evil/Goto match was worst on the card and even that wasn't awful), but outside of Honma/Ishii (which was very good) there wasn't anything else on it I would personally recommend anyone go out of their way to watch

^I would recommend the Kobe Destruction show - the only other rly major show since the G1 was KOPW, and even though I think AJ/Okada main from that is slightly better than the Goto/Nakamura main on the Kobe show, as an overall event it’s a little more cohesive throughout and is a very fun watch

Archived