King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

Trying to figure out NJPW World...do I have to watch match by match or how could I find full shows? I found the full Dominion show through the schedule, but I wanna watch the last couple shows I have missed too.

It really depends on the show. I find stuff by going to the schedule and clicking the shows I want to watch. Some are complete, but some (Like a lot of shows of this years BOSJ for example) only have some matches uploaded.

I'm up to Nakamura/Goto at Dominion so far. Really great show so far.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, amazing show. Anyone wanna recommend me some stuff before the free trail is over on Friday.

- Invasion Attack 2015

- Ishii vs. Honma (NOWC) - New Beginning In Sendai 2015. Still my MOTY.

- Ibushi vs. Nakamura - Wrestle Kingdom 9

NEW JAPAN G1 CLIMAX UPDATES

By Matthew Macklin on 2015-07-18 09:06:46

The G1 Climax press conference from this morning is now available to watch on NJPW World. It features comments from all 20 G1 participants. The big news is that Katsuyori Shibata will compete in the G1. There was an injury concern after he missed some shows last week.

The tournament kicks off this Monday morning with the following lineup at the Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center:

*Yuji Nagata. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Yohei Komatsu vs. Tomoaki Honma, Mascara Dorada, David Finlay & Jay White

*Shinsuke Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga

*Michael Elgin, Satoshi Kojima & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo

G1 Climax Block A:

*Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Doc Gallows

*Togi Makabe vs. Toru Yano

*Tetsuya Naito vs. Bad Luck Fale

*AJ Styles vs. Katsuyori Shibata

*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/95238/new-japan-g1-climax-updates.html?p=1

Results from day 1 of the 2015 G1 Climax:

Hiroyoshi Tenzan defeated Doc Gallows via submission with the Anaconda Cross.

Togi Makabe pinned Toru Yano with the King Kong knee drop.

Tetsuya Naito pinned Bad Luck Fale with a cradle.

A.J. Styles pinned Katsuyori Shibata with the Styles Clash.

Hiroshi Tanahashi pinned Kota Ibushi with the High Fly Flow.

No upsets here, as all the favourites won. In terms of match quality, the first three matches that looked bad on paper were bad, but the final two matches unsurprisingly saved the tournament from getting off to a flat start.

Current standings in Block A:

Togi Makabe 2

Tetsuya Naito 2

A.J. Styles 2

Hiroshi Tanahashi 2

Hiroyoshi Tenzan 2

Bad Luck Fale 0

Doc Gallows 0

Kota Ibushi 0

Katsuyori Shibata 0

Toru Yano 0

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/7/20/9001255/new-japan-g1-climax-results-open-thread-monday-july-20-2015-tanahashi-ibushi?utm_campaign=cagesideseats&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Really thought Ibushi would get the upset here.

I skipped Yano/Makabe, as I skip all Yano matches. The rest was either fine (Tenzan/Gallows and Naito/Fale) or really good (the other two matches). Damn, Shibata is already starting G1 all taped up. This will be a grueling tournament for him. I'll always pull for him to win, but it doesn't look good. Scumbag Naito is golden, I look forward to his performance in the tournament. Same with Ibushi and AJ.

I'm betting that B Block will produce the better matches, so I look forward to Day 2.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that AXS TV and TV-Asahi have reached a major, multi-year agreement to continue airing New Japan Pro Wrestling on Friday nights.

Technically in it's second season, the third season will run from August 14 through December 11, with a break being taken over Thanksgiving weekend. There will also be a month's worth of programming featuring matches from this year's Wrestle Kingdom 9.

The Observer reports that both parties are thrilled with viewership thus far, as the program has averaged 200,000 viewers for a Friday night broadcast of shows that have sometimes been a year or two. The report also notes that the companies hope to reduce the lag between the matches actually happening and when they air.

The NJPW block will also likely be increased to two hours, with a repeat of the previous week's show airing at 8 pm, with a new edition running at 9.

We've reached out to AXS TV for comment, and will keep you updated on any additional information. This week we interviewed NJPW color commentator Josh Barnett, which will be up soon.

http://ow.ly/31JCF0

I've watched barely any of the G1 so far but I have made sure of trying to keep up. I'm absolutely loving Naito's new character and hes been must watch for me, the new look is great and hes had some great matches with the match against Shibata being my favourite as well great matches against Tana and AJ. Speaking of Tanahashi, match of the tournament so far is his match against Ibushi just really exciting hopefully they face off again sometime soon.

Davey Richards and now Elgin are proof that any wrestler becomes 10 times more enjoyable under NJPW's style of wrestling.

I haven't watched any Elgin match so far mainly because I've only ever time I've seen him is his ROH World Title match with Davey Richards which is easily the worst match I've ever seen. But maybe its time I gave him another chance, I've seen him getting praise in a few places now where people were skeptical of his inclusion.

Guest Fight Me.

That's weird, I was just listening to Elgin on JR's podcast and he said that match with Davey was his coming out party and probably his favorite match. I was actually gonna go check it out. :lol:

Archived