King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

So I hear there's gonna be women wrestling in NJPW for the first time in 13 years, I believe?

"Bullet Babe" Amber O'Neal, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson are taking on Maria & The Kingdom.

oh god why

No, but seriously, has this NWA partnership brought one good thing besides something for Kojima and Tenzan to do and Bruce Tharpe? Everything NWA related I saw was mediocre at best. And that's being generous.

KES

oh god why

No, but seriously, has this NWA partnership brought one good thing besides something for Kojima and Tenzan to do and Bruce Tharpe? Everything NWA related I saw was mediocre at best. And that's being generous.

KES

KES were in NJPW waaaay before this whole "NWA partnership" began. They actually first teamed together in NJPW, so even if on-screen they represent NWA, they're more NJPW.

Can we just step back for a second and realize that Maria, the ditzy WWE interviewer, is the first female competitor in *censored*ing New Japan Pro Wrestling in over a decade?

You gotta give her credit that she stay in wrestling after WWE. I believe Christy Hemme and Maria are the only ones from the 04 Diva Search that are still involve in wrestling.

oh god why

KES

KES were in NJPW waaaay before this whole "NWA partnership" began. They actually first teamed together in NJPW, so even if on-screen they represent NWA, they're more NJPW.

I know. But they're constantly involved with the NWA and basically are the saving grace of the NWA Tag division

oh god why

KES

I know. But they're constantly involved with the NWA and basically are the saving grace of the NWA Tag division

NWA still does shows?

oh god why

KES

Yeah, but they were no contribution to NJPW by NWA, since they debuted in NJPW. If anything, they are yet another contribution NJPW did to NWA's dying and talentless brand, which I would argue offered next to nothing in return.

By the way, I wonder what NWA really gained, actually. It's not like they got much brand exposure or made some guys they can get behind for a rebuild to keep going on. I'm not saying it's completely fruitless and/or horrible, as I can see guys like Kojima, Tenzan, Liger and KES obviously adding something to NWA short term, but it has been kinda pointless and very mediocre. If NWA could have just found ONE younger guy that they could put against NJPW's top guys and not look like bush league, then they would have something close to a building block.

And NJPW probably could have used their veterans in another program. So for them, besides the weight that NWA's name still might hold in Japan, this stuff is borderline charity.

oh god why

KES

Yeah, but they were no contribution to NJPW by NWA, since they debuted in NJPW. If anything, they are yet another contribution NJPW did to NWA's dying and talentless brand, which I would argue offered next to nothing in return.

By the way, I wonder what NWA really gained, actually. It's not like they got much brand exposure or made some guys they can get behind for a rebuild to keep going on. I'm not saying it's completely fruitless and/or horrible, as I can see guys like Kojima, Tenzan, Liger and KES obviously adding something to NWA short term, but it has been kinda pointless and very mediocre. If NWA could have just found ONE younger guy that they could put against NJPW's top guys and not look like bush league, then they would have something close to a building block.

And NJPW probably could have used their veterans in another program. So for them, besides the weight that NWA's name still might hold in Japan, this stuff is borderline charity.

True.

I guess they got some more exposure and made people realize that they still exist.

And they got me to like Rob Conway. But that is a personal bias

• 2 weeks later...

Results: New Japan Pro Wrestling HINOKUNI – 04/29/15

Beretta, Rocky Romero & Gedo defeated Jay White, Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu.

Yujiro Takahashi & Cody Hall defeated Captain New Japan & Satoshi Kojima.

KUSHIDA, Ryusuke Taguchi & Manabu Nakanishi defeated Mascara Dorada, Tiger Mask IV & Yuji Nagata.

NWA Jr Heavyweight Championship Steve Anthony defeated Jushin Thunder Liger.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Hiroyoshi Tenzan defeated Big Daddy Yum Yum.

Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Kenny Omega defeated Tomoaki Honma, Tetsuya Naito & Alex Shelley.

Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI defeated Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale.

Toru Yano, Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazushi Sakuraba defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi, Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto. Yano stole a pin on Tanahashi again.

NEVER Openweight Championship Togi Makabe defeated Tomohiro Ishii to win the championship.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/results-new-japan-pro-wrestling-hinokuni-042915/

Reminder: WRESTLING DONTAKU is this weekend, May 2nd or 3rd depending on time zone.

Archived