Unpopular Indy/Puro/Lucha/Misc Opinions

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Japan should stop filling half their PPV cards with six/eight man tag matches every month. I usually skim through them now but it's pretty repetitive.

The main reason why I don't follow it that much. It's a killer for me. LU, and PWG do a good job at 6 man tags but they're completely different elements. I don't have interest in watching a 3 hour PPV with 80% of it multiman tag matches. *Censored* that.

I don't care much for CMLL, for the same reason...they do the six or eight man matches with Rudos vs Tecnicos (and some sort of fall system), and I just have a hard time giving a shit about who wins. Especially since I usually don't like half of the people on either team.

For the time, I thought Hayabusa was impressive...looking back on it, he was probably no better than a Jeff Hardy or a Sabu. He just had an awesome look.

I would say Hayabusa was an innovator much like Sabu but Jeff Hardy isn't even in their league. Hayabusa innovated the phoenix splash and falcon arrow. Hayabusa definitely was a very influential high flyer. Watch some of his matches with Masato Tanaka those were always my favorites.

I don't care much for CMLL, for the same reason...they do the six or eight man matches with Rudos vs Tecnicos (and some sort of fall system), and I just have a hard time giving a shit about who wins. Especially since I usually don't like half of the people on either team.

My biggest problem with CMLL is that they stick with tradition too much. While I appreciate them not wanting to turn into "sports entertainment" they do have some weird rules like the best 2 out of 3 falls. It sounds great on paper, but for a huge match, like Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero mask match, I think that match should have just been 1 fall. It would have made Atlantis torture rack so much more epic if it had been the only fall of the match.

• 3 months later...

Doc Gallows and Bad Luck Fale are boring.

I'd say that's a very popular opinion. I like Fale, though. Can't say the same for Gallows. Or for Anderson.

Here's one that I think will be unpopular: I always wanted to see Jeff Hardy in a G1 Climax. Just for the pure novelty of it.

Also, to me Roderick Strong is Indy Randy Orton. Can do a bit of everything, his fans love everything he brings to the table, and there are pretty of aspects to him that I see a lot of those respective audiences loving and also that I usually like in wrestlers, but in the end he just doesn't grab my interest by himself. I would never go out of my way to watch a Roderick Strong match unless is against a guy I really really like and people say it was great.

Doc Gallows and Bad Luck Fale are boring.

I'd say that's a very popular opinion. I like Fale, though. Can't say the same for Gallows. Or for Anderson.

There fine in a tag role or when there facing guys like Makabe. Generic big man era is dead unless you wrestle like Luke Harper or Mike Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Candice LeRae, and I will always root for her but I feel like most of her appeal is being in intergender matches and taking sick bumps. Some of her spots look kind of slow and clunky, and her forearm strikes in the corner and when she's mounted on someone look kind of weak. Ive never really seen her in woman vs woman matches though, so I don't know her ability, as far as that goes

I love Candice LeRae, and I will always root for her but I feel like most of her appeal is being in intergender matches and taking sick bumps. Some of her spots look kind of slow and clunky, and her forearm strikes in the corner and when she's mounted on someone look kind of weak. Ive never really seen her in woman vs woman matches though, so I don't know her ability, as far as that goes

the majority of people will actually agree with you here (including myself).

I remember I posted that before and A LOT of people agreed. I can remember Crowley posting the same thing too, but in a different context. At least on here, it's a rather popular opinion.

Anyways, I don't like Karl Anderson. Dude's a good guy and all, but I don't like him much.

I'm not sure if this is unpopular but recently I was at an indy event and Chris Hero had a match with Tommy End. It was a very indyrific match with a lot of near falls and the fans(me included) enjoyed the hell out of it. Towards the end of the match, Hero spiked Tommy End with a nasty looking piledriver and only got a near fall. I then noticed behind me that 2 old ass guys were legit getting so angry about all the fans in the arena enjoying the match, they began to counter "this is awesome" chants with "no it's not". After the match ended they spoke about how stupid it was that a wrestler kicked out of a piledriver and then went on about "the good old days"

My point being, I hate old traditional fans who don't seem to get the fact that wrestling has changed, i'm sure the generation before them hated new generation of that time also. I also can't stand fans at wrestling events who have a massive ego because they know a few wrestlers who some fans don't. It's balls.

I'm not sure if this is unpopular but recently I was at an indy event and Chris Hero had a match with Tommy End. It was a very indyrific match with a lot of near falls and the fans(me included) enjoyed the hell out of it. Towards the end of the match, Hero spiked Tommy End with a nasty looking piledriver and only got a near fall. I then noticed behind me that 2 old ass guys were legit getting so angry about all the fans in the arena enjoying the match, they began to counter "this is awesome" chants with "no it's not". After the match ended they spoke about how stupid it was that a wrestler kicked out of a piledriver and then went on about "the good old days"

My point being, I hate old traditional fans who don't seem to get the fact that wrestling has changed, i'm sure the generation before them hated new generation of that time also. I also can't stand fans at wrestling events who have a massive ego because they know a few wrestlers who some fans don't. It's balls.

idk. These guys were at an indy show so I assume they knew what to expect. The "indy style" is something that walks a thin line. I enjoy it, but sometimes the lack of psychology and false finishes is highly irritating. As much as I love independent wrestling, that's a part of it I hate and it's somewhat worrisome that it's slowly creeping into the "WWE Style" tbh.

Archived