Unpopular Indy/Puro/Lucha/Misc Opinions

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like Jumbo Tsuruta, even though he's a god to many puro purists. Never saw any match of his that I found appealing. I actually avoid watching matches he's in, even if it's against someone I really like like Tenryu or Race.

WOW!! THAT'S VERY UNPOPULAR MAN!

Jumbo is like the best to me! I mean his Psicology,Charisma, are wonderful!(theme song too!)

I respect your opinion though. Don't you like the matches against Misawa/Kobashi?

I've seen some of them, yeah. Also I watched matches against guys like Hansen and Tenryu before I fully started avoiding him. I don't know, maybe it's just always found that his opponent was always the more compelling personality than him. In Japanese wrestling, where seemingly everyone knows how to put together a decent to great match, how compelled I feel to the guy's personality oddly starts to count more than in American wrestling for example, where if a guy can't even be carried to a good match, I don't like them regardless of personality. I obviously respect him as a legend and know of his importance to Puro in general, but I just can't enjoy his matches. His theme was ace though.

Current Chris Hero is 3/10 of the Chris we were used to...

The same goes for Samoa Joe

I think TNA really de-moralized Joe over the years. He's spoken positively about them and they're the reason he could buy his house and everything, but I don't think he's there in the ring anymore. He rarely does anything worth talking about anymore. I can't blame him though, he should be a huge star IMO and they've messed him up time and time again.

I think it's the same for Hero as well to an extent. Getting to the top level in your profession and being released must suck. Having that happen in your mid-late 30's where it's unlikely that opportunity will come again must suck more. He's a name on the indies and he knows it. He can put asses in seats just because he's Chris Hero. I think he can still bring it when he wants to though. His match with JT Dunn at Beyond Wrestling last Summer was great.

NWA Title is a joke they put the belt on a WWE reject thats trying to be a poorman's Macho Man. Since 07 after they split with TNA Pearce, Cabana, Blue Demon Jr. Brent Albright and Kojima are some the guys have won the title. NWA did nothing to take advantaged of the Cabana/Pearce feud over the NWA title that both Cabana and Pearce made a documentary about it.

Show of hands: how many people do not like Michael Elgin? *raises hand*

I honestly feel like saying you like Michael Elgin would be a unpopular opinion. I respect him for putting in as much as he does but I don't feel he's the level of wrestle he's booked as. To me he's the stereotypical big guy in the midcard scramble/6 man tag match. Power moves, extended stalling vertical suplex, a high risk move that a guy his size shouldn't do, rinse and repeat. One match and you've seen pretty much everything he has to offer.

Lenny Leonard is a *censored*ing idiot.

https://twitter.com/AssaultDriver/status/556265135237758978

I don't get anything at all about this

He is basically saying that the female announcer from Evolve is tougher then Devin Taylor cause she took this bump. All i say said way to shit on Devin for no reason.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B7B8DiVCYAAdgfm.mp4

Archived