Unpopular Indy/Puro/Lucha/Misc Opinions

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe because Prince Puma is a character and Ricochet doesn't have much personality. I personally like Ricochet more, specifically because I don't watch Lucha Underground.

Exactly what I was gonna say but forgot the need to. I just like the character I should've said, and I think Ricochet portrays it well, I like the back story, and the look mostly. I guess I can attribute some of that to Ricochet as well, because if it was someone else under the mask, I probably wouldn't like it as much.

Maybe because Prince Puma is a character and Ricochet doesn't have much personality. I personally like Ricochet more, specifically because I don't watch Lucha Underground.

Prince Puma doesn't have a character to me though lol..he's just a guy that's supposed to be from LA that doesn't talk and wears a mask. Ricochet has loads of charisma.

Prince Puma doesn't have a character to me though lol..he's just a guy that's supposed to be from LA that doesn't talk and wears a mask. Ricochet has loads of charisma.

Have you not been paying attention when watching Lucha Underground?

I disagree completely. He's a good looking dude who if he went to WWE could cater to a lot of women. He's one of those guys that would thrive without the mask. In LU that's not a necissity though so it doesn't really matter. I just don't like the Prince Puma character as a whole.

Been watching since episode one. Explain his character to me then?

He is a direct descendant of one of the seven aztec tribes that was discovered by Konnan. Fighting against members of rival tribes is his destiny. He fights for honor and tradition, and he also happens to be the hometown boy from Boyle Heights, so he's an old school babyface. He is very righteous, sometimes to a fault. For example, when he has the chance to break Pentagon Jr.'s arm, he doesn't do it, even though it'll probably bite him in the ass later. In the earlier episodes, he is portrayed as being even more naive, but he gradually becomes wiser with experience, especially after losing his mentor. He realizes that most of the fighters in the Temple can't be trusted and are more concerned about money than honor, but it only motivates him to fight even harder for what he believes in. Oh, and his spirit animal? You guessed it. The jaguar.

I can understand not being a fan of him, but Prince Puma is more of a fleshed out character than the vast majority of pro wrestlers. All of the characters in Lucha Underground are.

They haven't really emphasized that since the start of last season.

Well my example of him not breaking Pentagon Jr's arm was from the episode before the last one, I think. And Matt Striker and Vampiro usually remind us of Puma's heritage on commentary.

• 3 weeks later...

They both move the same, there are pictures online of El Generico at an FCW house show, right before Sami Zayn showed up. And Sami basically said he was Generico, on Breaking Ground, talking about having to give up the character that made him famous. And before you say it, Big Larry wasn't famous, considering there are all of 2 videos of him online, compared to the vast collection of Generico material

They both move the same, there are pictures online of El Generico at an FCW house show, right before Sami Zayn showed up. And Sami basically said he was Generico, on Breaking Ground, talking about having to give up the character that made him famous. And before you say it, Big Larry wasn't famous, considering there are all of 2 videos of him online, compared to the vast collection of Generico material

That's just ridiculous. Like claiming Kane and Diesel are the same person.

Ofcourse Sami Zayn has been inspired by Generico. Just like many before and after him. If he wasn't such a lovely guy I'm sure people would complain about that as much as people complain about Dolph Ziggler doing his HBK impression.

What're you doing man

Archived