Unpopular Indy/Puro/Lucha/Misc Opinions

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't really like the NJPW/ROH relationship that much. It seems every time the NJPW guys come, all they do is beat the ROH guys. I watch both promotions, and prefer NJPW, but it's unfair. It's hard to even take the ROH guys seriously when they lose all the time. It's great that it brings these guys to a different stage, but the booking sucks.

And 90% of the matchups they do suck.

I've always thought the "Chasing the Dragon" finisher looked awkward. All the way back when O'Reilly and Cole were doing whatever they called it, as Future Shock. In theory, it's a cool move, but almost every time I've seen it, it looks *censored*ed up, because it looks like the guy doing the kick, kicks his partner directly in the ribs, as opposed to the opponent's head

I honestly don't really like the NJPW/ROH relationship that much. It seems every time the NJPW guys come, all they do is beat the ROH guys. I watch both promotions, and prefer NJPW, but it's unfair. It's hard to even take the ROH guys seriously when they lose all the time. It's great that it brings these guys to a different stage, but the booking sucks.

And 90% of the matchups they do suck.

new japan forces that, I hear. won't let certain people lose

Kyle O'Reilly is the worst face in wrestling right now (yes, worse than Roman Reigns).

Would love to see a little bit more detailed version of this. Didn't think a face who gets cheered(hes a god in PWG) could be a worst face than a face who gets boo'd to death.

It is a shame. I guess because they're a bigger company they call the shots. But man, the matchups just suck. Okada vs Moose. Lethal vs Honma. Castle vs Goto. Like ehh, why can't we get some cool shit.

Man those matchups aren't even bad you are overacting.

You can't even spell correctly dude.

Kyle O'Reilly is the worst face in wrestling right now (yes, worse than Roman Reigns).

Would love to see a little bit more detailed version of this. Didn't think a face who gets cheered(hes a god in PWG) could be a worst face than a face who gets boo'd to death.

Explain?

To be fair, most people who are good in the ring are gods in PWG. Not agreeing that he's a bad face. I love O'Reilly. I'm just saying

It is a shame. I guess because they're a bigger company they call the shots. But man, the matchups just suck. Okada vs Moose. Lethal vs Honma. Castle vs Goto. Like ehh, why can't we get some cool shit.

Explain?

:lol:

My take on this "bad face" discussion...

I haven't personally seen much of O'Reilly. I've seen a bit of the ReDRagon stuff in watching NJPW, and I honestly didn't realize they were faces. They damn sure look like heels to me. Not necessarily in the way they act...just in their general look. They don't have a face look...at all. Bobby Fish walks around looking like the villain from Wild Wild West, and O'Reilly always looks like a bit of a prick.

Explain?

Calm down grammar Nazi.

ReDragon has essentially had the same look since they started as a tag team. And I'm almost sure they started as the badass heel tag-team. Never seen Kyle O'Reilly's recent face run, so I cant judge. I know I liked his last run, when both he and Adam Cole were face and they had that awesome Hybrid match.

The "I'm a heel so let me spit on my opponent" spot is done incorrectly and poorly. I remember when I first saw someone do that on that indy's I was freaking out. But it's never used to do anything major. Most of the time the faces just shrug it off and don't get their heat back. That should be used to commence the babyface absolutely KILLING the heel with a flurry of offence.

Archived