Unpopular Indy/Puro/Lucha/Misc Opinions

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

honestly for me Lenny Leonard and Dave Prazak and even before that Gabe himself with Prazak will always be the voice of ROH, at least the ROH I became obsessed with 13 years ago.

I fell out of love with ROH around 2011 when Cornette was ramming Davey vs Eddie down our throats but persevered until mid 2013 when the "scum vs ROH" angle killed any little interest in had left. I loosely follow it and watch the odd match recommend to me, but modern day ROH is not for me.

Where I'm going with this is I don't feel Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino do anything to add to the drama of a match, they grate on me to the point it takes away from the match. Their WK commentary was passable at best given theyve had 4 years together there's just not enough to chemistry.

Go back and listen to the commentary on things like Aries beating Joe, Summer of Punk, even final battle 09 Steen turning on Generico, it's far better than anything Kelly and Corino have ever done together. I find some of Kellys catch phrases so cringe worthy "soaring and scoring" on every outside dive.

That concludes my "ROH was better in my day" rant for today :)

Probably not unpopular...but, CMLL has the worst dancers in the whole world. Why bother?

I don't think they are bad at all, they just aren't very good looking lol. Not awful, but could look a tad better.

I mean their actual dancing...not their looks. Even your basic club bitch can dance better than them. Yeah...they're decent in the looks department. But their dancing is actually off putting, tbh. I'm sure it changes from show to show...but I was watching one show the other day and I was like "this is awful...truly awful". I felt like I was watching strippers with prosthetic hips. :lol:

I like Sexy Star.

I don't think this is unpopular. I hope it isn't...

I don't think there's any reason to dislike her...

I've seen a lot of people saying she sucks, actually.

I like Sexy Star.

What do you think of her now without the mask?

Haven't seen anything yet, only seen her in Lucha Underground.

She doesn't suck shes just very basic.

Yeah, but it works for her, she can still put on enjoyable matches. The No Mas match has defo been a highlight of this season.

She's basic but she's made the most of her opportunity. Right about now I'd say she's a bigger name in wrestling than about 95? of the WWE women's roster.

I wouldn't say 95% but I get your point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived