Unpopular Indy/Puro/Lucha/Misc Opinions

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe because Prince Puma is a character and Ricochet doesn't have much personality. I personally like Ricochet more, specifically because I don't watch Lucha Underground.

You don't like luchadores,Lucha style or the tv show itself? Just curious why you don't watch it.
Just doesn't interest me, I like some of the characters/wrestlers from the show though.

• 5 months later...

I've never been a fan of the Young Bucks...and probably never will be. I don't dislike them. But I don't think they're worth the hype. Kenny Omega, on the otherhand...dude is a legend.

I think they're great, and their smart businessmen who capitalize off the niche market that is Indy wrestling. But I have grown a bit bored of them because they're *censored*ing everywhere you look and it's "Bullet Club this Bullet Club that" still after all these years. But I still love them. I'm just not afraid to boo them if their heels, so I guess you can say I'm getting worked.

One thing that does bug me though even though this IS professional wrestling is when you see them matched up against bigger dudes like War Machine, etc on ROH and easily able to kick anyone's ass. It's a bit much sometimes, because even though this isn't real, they ARE still two scrawny little dudes with frills at the end of their tights. But I can't hate on them, just saying their aura in ROH is a bit weird.

I've never been a fan of the Young Bucks...and probably never will be. I don't dislike them. But I don't think they're worth the hype. Kenny Omega, on the otherhand...dude is a legend.

I think they're great, and their smart businessmen who capitalize off the niche market that is Indy wrestling. But I have grown a bit bored of them because they're *censored*ing everywhere you look and it's "Bullet Club this Bullet Club that" still after all these years. But I still love them. I'm just not afraid to boo them if their heels, so I guess you can say I'm getting worked.

One thing that does bug me though even though this IS professional wrestling is when you see them matched up against bigger dudes like War Machine, etc on ROH and easily able to kick anyone's ass. It's a bit much sometimes, because even though this isn't real, they ARE still two scrawny little dudes with frills at the end of their tights. But I can't hate on them, just saying their aura in ROH is a bit weird.

They're not as actually small as you think I remember listening to a "Talk'n shop" podcast where Karl Anderson and the Bucks were laughing at the fact Anderson was considered a heavyweight when Nick was the same size as him and Matt was taller!

• 4 weeks later...

That is true. It's crazy how the merchandise has taken a life of its own and made them pop culture icons. I own a ton of BC and I could care less about the group as a whole in wrestling anymore. It looks cool and I'd say casuals agree too. In fact, most people wouldn't know it's wrestling merch unless you told them.

I'd go as far as to say without their merch, they'd have fizzled out long ago and wouldn't gotten as big.

• 1 month later...

I can't stand the Bullet Club and the rabid fan base. The wrestlers in the BC are great but the club in itself is stale.

Bullet Club shirts have become the nWo shirts of Indy shows.

This is the reason why i don't wear my Bullet Club shirt or buy the new ones no matter how much i love Kenny Omega's version.

I feel like the recent interest WWE has taken in indie promotions will ultimately end in bad things for wrestling as a whole, similar to how when Vince raided the territories and effectively killed any competition/alternatives.

Nope.

Wrestling is actually at its best when everyone works together.

And as for the bold...it never happened. WWE never "killed" any alternatives...in fact, they tried to save a few of them, and they eventually bought out a few failing ones. WCW and ECW were already dead when WWE "killed" them...and WWE is the only reason why ECW survived as long as it did. Also on the list of promotions that WWE directly helped: FCW, OVW, Evolve, ROH, ICW, Progress, etc.

I feel like the recent interest WWE has taken in indie promotions will ultimately end in bad things for wrestling as a whole, similar to how when Vince raided the territories and effectively killed any competition/alternatives.

Don't let anyone in this forum hear you say that...

Nope.

Wrestling is actually at its best when everyone works together.

And as for the bold...it never happened. WWE never "killed" any alternatives...in fact, they tried to save a few of them, and they eventually bought out a few failing ones. WCW and ECW were already dead when WWE "killed" them...and WWE is the only reason why ECW survived as long as it did. Also on the list of promotions that WWE directly helped: FCW, OVW, Evolve, ROH, ICW, Progress, etc.

Holy shit, never knew WWE's revisionist history worked this well. I guess the whole 'if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes true' thing really is accurate.

Archived