Unpopular Indy/Puro/Lucha/Misc Opinions

AssaultDriver720

I'm not sure if this is unpopular but recently I was at an indy event and Chris Hero had a match with Tommy End. It was a very indyrific match with a lot of near falls and the fans(me included) enjoyed the hell out of it. Towards the end of the match, Hero spiked Tommy End with a nasty looking piledriver and only got a near fall. I then noticed behind me that 2 old ass guys were legit getting so angry about all the fans in the arena enjoying the match, they began to counter "this is awesome" chants with "no it's not". After the match ended they spoke about how stupid it was that a wrestler kicked out of a piledriver and then went on about "the good old days"

My point being, I hate old traditional fans who don't seem to get the fact that wrestling has changed, i'm sure the generation before them hated new generation of that time also. I also can't stand fans at wrestling events who have a massive ego because they know a few wrestlers who some fans don't. It's balls.

idk. These guys were at an indy show so I assume they knew what to expect. The "indy style" is something that walks a thin line. I enjoy it, but sometimes the lack of psychology and false finishes is highly irritating. As much as I love independent wrestling, that's a part of it I hate and it's somewhat worrisome that it's slowly creeping into the "WWE Style" tbh.

I think in some cases it can be an a overkill but a part of me feels that in this case it falls under the category of "oh my generation was better than yours". I've never seen a grown man get so angry at wrestling, he was so angry at the fact that a wrestler kicked out of a piledriver, it was ridiculous.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if this is unpopular but recently I was at an indy event and Chris Hero had a match with Tommy End. It was a very indyrific match with a lot of near falls and the fans(me included) enjoyed the hell out of it. Towards the end of the match, Hero spiked Tommy End with a nasty looking piledriver and only got a near fall. I then noticed behind me that 2 old ass guys were legit getting so angry about all the fans in the arena enjoying the match, they began to counter "this is awesome" chants with "no it's not". After the match ended they spoke about how stupid it was that a wrestler kicked out of a piledriver and then went on about "the good old days"

My point being, I hate old traditional fans who don't seem to get the fact that wrestling has changed, i'm sure the generation before them hated new generation of that time also. I also can't stand fans at wrestling events who have a massive ego because they know a few wrestlers who some fans don't. It's balls.

idk. These guys were at an indy show so I assume they knew what to expect. The "indy style" is something that walks a thin line. I enjoy it, but sometimes the lack of psychology and false finishes is highly irritating. As much as I love independent wrestling, that's a part of it I hate and it's somewhat worrisome that it's slowly creeping into the "WWE Style" tbh.

I think in some cases it can be an a overkill but a part of me feels that in this case it falls under the category of "oh my generation was better than yours". I've never seen a grown man get so angry at wrestling, he was so angry at the fact that a wrestler kicked out of a piledriver, it was ridiculous.

When was this show?

When was this show?

Last week, its for a promotion called Southside

When was this show?

Last week, its for a promotion called Southside

Guess they were expecting World of Sports era wrestling.

The Young Bucks. I don't like them, I never have. I think their style s terrible and I don't know what anyone sees in them.

Im glad im not alone. They are good but i think very highly overrated.

You have a different opinion than him though :P

Maybe it's because I stopped watching Lucha Underground frequently when he was associated with Chavo or maybe it's because people are blowing things out of proportion but Pentagón Jr strikes me more as someone trying to look cool than a serious badass with swag to spare. Then again, I find Drago to be one of the coolest guys in that roster so maybe my thoughts on Pentagón don't have much weight to them.

Maybe it's because I stopped watching Lucha Underground frequently when he was associated with Chavo or maybe it's because people are blowing things out of proportion but Pentagón Jr strikes me more as someone trying to look cool than a serious badass with swag to spare. Then again, I find Drago to be one of the coolest guys in that roster so maybe my thoughts on Pentagón don't have much weight to them.

Nah man i gotta disagree on Pentagon. Anyone who looks cool like he does, breaks peoples arms, threatens to light people on fire and has a match like he had with Vampiro is a badass lol.

I love Ricochet, but I hate the Prince Puma character. It was so stale, and boring. There was no character development throughout the season at all with the guy, no attire change, nothing. I can't believe I was rooting so hard for him to lose the belt to Mil. I really like Mil.

ZSJ is the greatest known pure wrestler on the planet by A LOT. Thats any fed, any country, every match

Yeah, between him, Thatcher and Gulak...ZSJ takes it. Those are probably my top 3 in that category.

In my experience, English wrestlers are better trained wrestlers than their US counterparts. The only real UK indy stuff I've seen is PROGRESS Chapters 13 and 19, but both of those shows were on par, or better than 90% of indy shows I watch.

I love Ricochet, but I hate the Prince Puma character. It was so stale, and boring. There was no character development throughout the season at all with the guy, no attire change, nothing. I can't believe I was rooting so hard for him to lose the belt to Mil. I really like Mil.

I actually feel the opposite. This dude didnt say a single word but spoke just through his actions in the ring and you could just tell what he was feeling. Thats impressive.

Agree on the attire though but then again alot of LU wrestlers wore the same shit lol

I don't know if this will be unpopular or not but TJ Perkins' character is the dryest I've seen on the indies. I find him more boring than all of the other wrestlers people find boring (Michael Elgin, Davey Richards, Roderick Strong, Lance Storm, etc.) He does a lot of fluid, quick technical wrestling that's impressive, but I just don't care when he does it. The only time I've been entertained by his character was his silent movie style promo before BOLA 2012

Like what? I can see what you mean. I love the show but I never watched it live and would sometimes wait a few days before I watched it. But like once the episode starts and you get invested, it sucks you in, haha.

I don't know if this will be unpopular or not but TJ Perkins' character is the dryest I've seen on the indies. I find him more boring than all of the other wrestlers people find boring (Michael Elgin, Davey Richards, Roderick Strong, Lance Storm, etc.) He does a lot of fluid, quick technical wrestling that's impressive, but I just don't care when he does it. The only time I've been entertained by his character was his silent movie style promo before BOLA 2012

Nah, *Censored* TJ Perkins, boring as *Censored*. Him and Elgin, driest *Censored*s on the globe.

Archived