Unpopular Indy/Puro/Lucha/Misc Opinions

AssaultDriver720

Striker tries too hard to be spanish when the guys from AAA are in the ring, thats his big issue.

My main one is that I'm in a weird spot with liking the Briscoes. I think Mark's look is just awful and he hinders the two big time, while I think Jay could be a legit star. On the flip side, I really like them as a tag team and I like that how they look and act is literally just how they are all the time. I'm a big time Jay Briscoe fan, even as a singles champ, I just don't know about Mark.

I don't overly care for the Briscoes but I agree with you. Jay is legit, and has a badass aura, but Mark these days gives me the feeling I used to get watching Eugene.

--

I can agree to an extent on the negative side of Bullet Club. Reminds me of the nWo. It started out cool, but everyone and their mother joined and it lost it's value to an extent. I don't think they need to go, but I do think they need a serious cut to their rankings. Anderson, Omega, Gallows and the Bucks would he plenty IMO. I never cared for Fale, and Tonga and Styles could handle themselves in the singles division. Everyone I didn't mention has no real worth at all to me.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bullet Club's only point is throwing up Kliq signs, Nakamura's only point is shaking his head.

...You are the one who said it's kinda the point of them, not me.

no. The point of them is using Kliq's stuff. Not that their gimmick is doing the Kliq gesture.

The Bullet Club. They copy other stable's catchphrases, look, etc. in order to be successful. They're not another nWo rip-off (in the sense that they're supposed to be innovative). They're literally wannabe-nWo, Wolfpac, DX, Shield, Horsemen, Evolution and every other wrestling stable that ever found success in the US wrestling scene.

Not to mention...the Kliq hand gesture was there before the nWo was and it was not first seen in WCW or WWF.

I'm just gonna bold how what you just said contradicts itself and leave it at that.. i'm not sure why you are telling me that the Kliq hand gesture was there before the nWo, i'd have thought everyone knows that hence the Kliq being around before nWo was.. so yeah, not sure why you are stating the obvious.

The Bullet Club (The actual point!). So here you go, the actual original point to BC was that Devitt wanted to turn Heel, NJPW wasn't a fan of it 'cause he was super over and they knew fans didn't want to see it, but at the same time they wanted to push him to trial him at Main Event status 'cause they needed someone to replace the gap they had planned for Naito and so they gave him his own Stable to help him turn Heel, BC was created and much finger pointing in the form of a gun was had by all.. except that time Styles tried it an Suzuki nearly ripped his finger off :).

Devitt leaves, they re-do BC with a newly signed Styles and Anderson as the focal points and now they have a new point; trying to force the antics you'd see on American Wrestling shows in NJPW and now their gimmick is a straight copy of nWo, Anderson said this in an interview already that he asked Scott Hall if it was ok to do so and Scott didn't mind.

Anyway this whole thing is getting away from my point that no matter what they actually are, be it nWo copies or the most original thing to come to NJPW since nWo Japan.. BLACK... (see what i did there), this thread is about posting your unpopular opinion and mine was that i don't want to see BC anymore and the same goes for most of the Gaijins.

Eh, I see what you're saying, and I don't watch Lucha Libre besides LU so don't crucify me on this, but that's what LU essentially is. Just a hour show dedicated to spot fests tbh. The Cage/Puma match was really good as Puma actually incorporated strikes into his arsenal but every episode of the show is just matches going from spot to spot. I enjoy it though, I thought Fenix would be just the usual Lucha Libre wrestler so I didn't really understand why you hate him. I thought spot monkeys in Lucha Libre were a given.

Anyways I have one, Vampiro and Matt Striker annoy me on commentary a lot. You get used to them, and I love Matt Strikers knowledge of EVERYTHING wrestling, but it gets overbearing sometimes...

The team was decent for two episodes but man they trailed off. Between Vampiro throwing brother behind everything he says and Striker changing his pronunciation of wrestlers names every time he says them. On the first episode with Blue Demon I don't think he said his name the same way at all.

Blue Dee-Moan. Jesus Christ.

I actually read that in his voice too damnit.

The Briscoes are great but i think part of what makes them great is they are out of control and i can't see that succeeding on any sorta of TV program. I love watching promos that just boil down to them yelling and cursing up a storm and I feel if i ever saw Jay or Mark on WWE or TNA doing normal down to Earth promos it just wouldn't work.

Do people still like Ultramantis Black? I think he's *censored*ing terrible.

I don't really have an opinion on his wrestling...but his music is the stuff of diarrhea.

Cause its Powerviolence what did you expect for it to be classical?

The entire genre sucks...but I didn't think I needed to say that, since we were just talking about Mantis. Lol..."powerviolence" what a dumb *censored*ing genre. What kind of try-hard even came up with a genre named "powerviolence"?

The Briscoes are great but i think part of what makes them great is they are out of control and i can't see that succeeding on any sorta of TV program. I love watching promos that just boil down to them yelling and cursing up a storm and I feel if i ever saw Jay or Mark on WWE or TNA doing normal down to Earth promos it just wouldn't work.

I feel like if they were given the reign to be crass like Austin was in the late 90s they'd be alright, but you're 100% right. Jay Briscoe especially, one of his strong point is the borderline insane promos he cuts that are believable and help add to the look he has of believable badass. You cut that kind of wildside out of him and it would just lose its touch. I was actually expecting him to be all rough and intense when I listened to a bit of his Sam Roberts interview, and I was shocked when he wasn't. Thats the best part, they're so believable that they just seem legit like that.

I don't really have an opinion on his wrestling...but his music is the stuff of diarrhea.

The entire genre sucks...but I didn't think I needed to say that, since we were just talking about Mantis. Lol..."powerviolence" what a dumb *censored*ing genre. What kind of try-hard even came up with a genre named "powerviolence"?

As terrible as it sounds to say, it comes off as the typical music elitist who happens to dig metal. "We got a band man, but we're not like any metal out there. You guys can't just label us metal, we're more hardcore than that. Its called Powerviolence"

I feel like if they were given the reign to be crass like Austin was in the late 90s they'd be alright, but you're 100% right. Jay Briscoe especially, one of his strong point is the borderline insane promos he cuts that are believable and help add to the look he has of believable badass. You cut that kind of wildside out of him and it would just lose its touch. I was actually expecting him to be all rough and intense when I listened to a bit of his Sam Roberts interview, and I was shocked when he wasn't. Thats the best part, they're so believable that they just seem legit like that.

As terrible as it sounds to say, it comes off as the typical music elitist who happens to dig metal. "We got a band man, but we're not like any metal out there. You guys can't just label us metal, we're more hardcore than that. Its called Powerviolence"

"Powerviolence (sometimes written as power violence), is a raw and dissonant subgenre of hardcore punk. The style is closely related to thrashcore and grindcore. In contrast with grindcore, which is a "crossover" idiom containing musical aspects of heavy metal, powerviolence is just an augmentation of the most challenging qualities of hardcore punk; like its predecessor, it is usually socio-politically charged and iconoclastic."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerviolence

I don't like the name Johnny Mundo so I'm just gonna continue calling him Morrison.

I used to like Morrison in WWE, and I still did in LU, but he's just meh to me now. Don't really care for him. I legit wanted Havoc to beat him and I was disappointed when he didn't.

Vampiro makes no sense. I remember in the earlier episodes he said he wanted violence, when Pentagon Jr. is in a pretty basic match "OH THIS GUY IS SO SADISTIC BROTHER. HE'S EVIL. WHATS WRONG WITH THESE FANS" like tf?

The AAA title is ugly.

I don't like Tanahashi either, for some reason.

Never cared for Morrison outside of his Tag-Team and "feud" with the Miz in the WWE. Prefer Johnny Mundo a lot more to him.

He's definetely better as his LU character. He has a lot more freedom and he's taken as a threat which is good. But at the same time he just seems so stale. Same tired gear, his hair is stringier now (idk why it looks like that), I just wish he'd change it up.

And Tanahashi seems like a dick. *Censored* him. He really is Cena. (Albeit better wrestler :hqhq:)

To be honest, I think Tanahashi, Okada, and Nakamura are all outstanding, likable babyfaces and the Bullet Club are all perfectly despicable heels. Tanahashi's character really is similar to Cena's in a lot of ways, but the fact that they have other major protagonists that are so different makes him a lot more tolerable. The problem with WWE is that they only want to have a single main protagonist, and they want that character to act as similar to Cena as possible, even if it makes no sense. In NJPW, it's not like that. Okada, Nakamura, and Tanahashi are all nothing alike.

As for the Bullet Club, I'm surprised they're so loved by American fans. I understand we have a bit of a different perspective on them, for obvious reasons. But I don't see any reason to cheer them or any likable traits that they have. Wearing a Bullet Club shirt is like wearing a Miz t-shirt, or wearing a JBL shirt back in 2004. They're probably the greatest heels in the business today, yet people love them for some reason. You even see Japanese fans popping for them from time to time. That's odd to me. I love to hate BC. I'd never cheer them.

To be honest, I think Tanahashi, Okada, and Nakamura are all outstanding, likable babyfaces and the Bullet Club are all perfectly despicable heels. Tanahashi's character really is similar to Cena's in a lot of ways, but the fact that they have other major protagonists that are so different makes him a lot more tolerable. The problem with WWE is that they only want to have a single main protagonist, and they want that character to act as similar to Cena as possible, even if it makes no sense. In NJPW, it's not like that. Okada, Nakamura, and Tanahashi are all nothing alike.

As for the Bullet Club, I'm surprised they're so loved by American fans. I understand we have a bit of a different perspective on them, for obvious reasons. But I don't see any reason to cheer them or any likable traits that they have. Wearing a Bullet Club shirt is like wearing a Miz t-shirt, or wearing a JBL shirt back in 2004. They're probably the greatest heels in the business today, yet people love them for some reason. You even see Japanese fans popping for them from time to time. That's odd to me. I love to hate BC. I'd never cheer them.

I think it's because Devitt and Young Bucks are so liked. And to a lesser degree, AJ Styles and Anderson. If it wasn't for them, they'd be much more hated.

Ishii's matches are really hit or miss with me. Also, I wish he got a bit leaner and ruled the Jr. Heavyweight division as a Power Jr. Heavyweight, we don't have one of those since a long time now.

I used to enjoy his match very much but I'm starting to think that they are too repetitive.

Archived