Unpopular Indy/Puro/Lucha/Misc Opinions

AssaultDriver720

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool thread idea. I rarely go outside the Indy/Puro/Lucha board and the WWE2K Discussion & CAW boards but I've seen these around. I wonder if this will get as much action as the rest.

Anyways all the NWA wrestlers (Besides KES) that were brought to New Japan all suck balls. Rob Conway now trying to be a poor mans Macho Man.

I can agree on this from what I've seen. Are KES NWA wrestlers though? I could have sworn they were there/together before the whole NWA thing.

Anyways, here are some of mine...

Intergender wrestling is currently one of the biggest things wrong with wrestling. (I liked it before but it's become too much recently IMO)

Chikara really isn't as great as people make it out to be.

CZW, Despite their bad reputation (Which isn't even warranted anymore I may add) and all over the place storylines, probably have one of the best products going today.

I personally find ROH highly over-rated these days. I haven't seen a lot but it's a shell of it's former self and I don't see how people still look at it as a mecca for great wrestling. I think that title belongs to PWG these days.

- Candice LaRae is really, really overrated. She's good, no doubt about that but there's a lot of female talent that are better than her. The only reason she's consistently mentioned as a top female performer is her intergender booking. Replace her in PWG with any of the skilled girls, it'd be the same, just better.

- ROH is only good on PPV now, the weeklies are incredibly boring and monotone.

- PWG is the best company in the world.

- Candice LaRae is really, really overrated. She's good, no doubt about that but there's a lot of female talent that are better than her. The only reason she's consistently mentioned as a top female performer is her intergender booking. Replace her in PWG with any of the skilled girls, it'd be the same, just better.

I have to agree with this, only intergender matches are what makes her stand out. I really respect her for being tough also.

japan tv's r too long now 100% srs - infinity used to be sooooo gooooot when it was just 1 hr (around 2008 - 2010??) and consisted entirely of best/most crucial matches + angles/stable movement/storyline development (building to 3 hr ppv) and w00d cut everything else. now weekly full event / THREE HR broadcasts = too much wtf...not rly willing to be that much of hxc prowres nerd

pretty sure same (or similar) happened with dramatic fantasia/b-banquet/everything else i used to watch =\

(v rare prowres post by me!!)

It's not like intergender matches are rare in indy wrestling though. That shit's everywhere.

Candice really won my respect after that match with the Young Bucks. So brutal she was out of it well after the show was over.

As for my unpopular opinion, CHIKARA 2014 sucked overall. Saw a drop in the production value, the storylines where really boring and really not resolved and the match quality wasn't there. Ashely Remington was the only thing i gave a shit about in 2014 and its because hes *censored*ing wonderful.

It's not like intergender matches are rare in indy wrestling though. That shit's everywhere.

No, and the wrestling fans who are truely into wrestling and are watching everythig at least a little know that, but you can tell that those who only watch because they hear a name hear and there a little reduce her to that and completely base their opinion on that. Which is a shame, because she shouldn't be reduced to that. She's incredibly tough. Not "just for a woman" but just a tough human being, she's a decent to good wrestler in her own right. She shouldn't just be the "chick who wrestles the guys" imo

No, and the wrestling fans who are truely into wrestling and are watching everythig at least a little know that, but you can tell that those who only watch because they hear a name hear and there a little reduce her to that and completely base their opinion on that. Which is a shame, because she shouldn't be reduced to that. She's incredibly tough. Not "just for a woman" but just a tough human being, she's a decent to good wrestler in her own right. She shouldn't just be the "chick who wrestles the guys" imo

Well that's what she's going to be, at least in PWG, because Dragon doesn't like women's wrestling

Well that's what she's going to be, at least in PWG, because Dragon doesn't like women's wrestling

Well a) *Censored* him for that and b) he doesn't have to. My post isn't putting down Candice, if that's what it seemed like. It was towards the people who only rate her highly for doing intergender matches.

Well a) *Censored* him for that and b) he doesn't have to. My post isn't putting down Candice, if that's what it seemed like. It was towards the people who only rate her highly for doing intergender matches.

I didn't view it that way at all. Sorry if it came across that way. I was just letting you know that that's unfortunately how she will be viewed for the foreseeable future, because of Dragon's dislike for women's wrestling; and because of PWG's booking of her, that's how a lot of other companies will book her as well, because that's what she's famous for at this point.

I find a majority of mainstream Indy wrestling to be too much of a spot fest these days. Elgin's first match in BOLA this year is a prime example. There were multiple botches and they just kept pushing. I don't know.. It really made me mad lol. I dunno. Maybe it's me.

I find a majority of mainstream Indy wrestling to be too much of a spot fest these days. Elgin's first match in BOLA this year is a prime example. There were multiple botches and they just kept pushing. I don't know.. It really made me mad lol. I dunno. Maybe it's me.

That really depends on who/what you watch though, I think. I haven't watched a ton of Guerrilla, but they do seem very spotty.

Tetsuya Naito is by far one of the best worker around the world

He could put amazing matches with anyone

He has had seriousMOTY candidates between 2012-2014(Ishii,Tanahashi,Okada,) and I *censored*ing love how he can be a Heel instantly when they boo him.Genius

Tetsuya Naito is by far one of the best worker around the world

He could put amazing matches with anyone

He has had seriousMOTY candidates between 2012-2014(Ishii,Tanahashi,Okada,) and I *censored*ing love how he can be a Heel instantly when they boo him.Genius

*Stardust Genius

:hqhq:

Archived